A Better Future

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think I’d rather like that, too, but my idea of a better future would include –other than the protection of the chickens’ privacy- a world where we girls can roam the streets as and when we like, a world where the black money from the Swiss bank accounts of the corrupt would be where it truly belonged –in the hands of the masses, a world where opportunities and growth would be boundless and disparities would cease to exist.

I dream of a better future, where India would be a global super-power, which it very much deserves to be; a future where Asians are not looked down upon; a future where the entire world will be one. I dream of a future where shiny skyscrapers touch the clouds, and yet the air is unpolluted. I dream of a future where, instead of grovelling in the dust, India soars at the top, where it deserves to be, where it was, all those years ago. I dream of a future where India will be number one not in terms of population and corruption, but in terms of economic development and national income. I dream of a future where India will be able to rub shoulders with countries like Singapore, USA and Britain.

Yes, I dream. I dream of living in a better world, and I, the youth of India, have boundless energy and endless opportunities to do my part in getting closer to my dream. And once I achieve my dreams, I plan to fight for the rights of the chicken.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 19 at 3:25 pm:
Wow. I pray that it'll come true, and that things go well. This is amazingly and talentedly and wonderfully written. I love it. You have such a talent and greatness in you; and I hope you know that. Thank you so much, for sharing this. ^_^

love1dcrazily replied...
Sep. 20 at 4:08 am :
Thank you! Your comment means a lot to me.