The U.S is in Dept. | Teen Ink

The U.S is in Dept.

By jalen green BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
jalen green BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

The U.S is in deep very deep, but in what, just one word; debt. How much, how deep? We owe other nations worldwide China in particular. How many times do we buy something that says “made in china." The U.S owes not billions but trillions with this said, the U.S is spending way too much money on developed things. Such as military, Medicare/Obama care, social security, and needy countries (Federal Spending: Where Does the Money Go). The U.S government is not working as hard as it should to pay off debt. Therefor is getting the United States in deeper, which well explains government shut downs. Other might state the government has this epidemic all under control. Although the government has ways of spending money and making money, is the government working hard to pay off the debt, or are they not working hard enough.

As we realize the United States spends its money on multiple things, although there are three main money consumers such as military, Obama care, and social security. Military out of the three uses 60% (federal Spending) of the national budget. Due to this constant spending the U.S is predicted to owe over an estimated sixteen, Trillion dollars worldwide. By the year 2015 we are estimated to owe seventeen, Trillion dollars. There for this major problem is not being treated which contributes to taxes and higher gasoline prices in industries nationwide.

Obama Care another major problem and/ or reason the United States is in debt. I agree it’s great to help elders but as a country in debt. We shouldn’t be putting money into something this large when not enough money is coming in. I feel to help this problem we shouldn’t make this free but make it a discount for our seniors and the money gained can pay off our debt.

Is the government working to get us out of dept. or are they not working hard enough or are they doing just fine some might say? Yes the numbers are high but are other nations taking this into as much consideration as we are. There are ways the government makes money such as taxing and fines. Are the profits made from these used to pay off other nations because they seem to be in no rush to get their money back or are they.

As stated once before there are many well thought out ways the government makes money but the question remains, what more does the government spend its well-earned money on, and how does it plan to pay off this debt (Federal Spending: Where Does the Money Go)?Although to fix this problem the government can collect donations, taxes, and other money to pay off the debt. Is the government working hard to pay off the debt or are they not working hard enough.

Its an essay for class