Patriotism

Dear President Obama,
For the next four years you were elected to preside over the United States. You were given the task of rebuilding our country's economy from the poor state it is currently in. I believe that a great deal of attention should also be put on promoting patriotism. If the people of our country are not proud to be living here, the task you have ahead of you will be lengthier and more difficult. Citizens of this country, the UNITED States, need to be more united as one even through all of our directions. Though as different as we may be, we all come together in one huge similarity; our residence in the vast melting pot; the United States of America. You will need the cooperation of every class in the social hierarchy of this country in order to fulfill what you have set out to do. Everyone, no matter how rich or poor, how religiously or racially different, can come together and proudly work for the benefit and promotion of our country. This must occur, and can be accomplished if the government advocates it. The meaning of the Pledge of Allegiance has disintegrated; the words of the National Anthem are often forgotten. Let patriotism expand its wings, such as our national bird, the majestic bald eagle, and sour high in the sky.
Sincerely,
Sana A

Caesar123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the idea of a UNITED States. Today we've all become so bitterly divided over one thing or another, we forget that we are brothers and sisters together under God, and it is our responsibility to make sure those who’ve paid the ultimate sacrifice for this country don’t become forgotten and thus have their dream squandered. We owe it to those men and women, and its heartbreaking to see when no one wants to step up and be the bigger man.

RonnieAguilar69 said...
I agree with the patriotism. Many are taking pride out of their country and more and more are just more about diversity, it's good but then again we forget about being American.

ConstanceContraireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
you spelled sour instead of soar