Changes in Our Government

Dear Mr. President-Elect,

Congratulations on your successful campaign and election. I understand that you are busy celebrating and planning your agenda for your term as president. During your planning, I hope that you can help me by planning more regulations regarding the environment.

Recently, near my place of residence, there have been increased building of homes. I live in a wooded area and the building has caused hundreds of trees to be cut down. These houses have been empty for at least a month. We need better regulations regarding building and zoning. Deforestation is affecting the United Stated and the world. The expansion is causing animals to die, the Chesapeake Bay to be filled with runoff, and contributes the suffering of the economy. Cloudy bay water kills fish and crabs that some businesses depend on. The silt in the water then goes into the ocean and negatively affects many other countries. When people don’t buy houses or they buy mortgages they cannot afford or a business can no longer supply or sell goods the government has to bail them out. This takes a lot of money.

The economy is the number one issue with most citizens. Helping to fix problems with the environment will help protect the wilderness. This in turn could help you fix the economy. The well-known song America the Beautiful talks of spacious skies, fruited plains, and the land from sea to shining sea. We must all protect our country and its environment.

Thank you for your time.

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You are aslo, very talented. You have such a talent and greatness in you; I hope you know that. Thank you again. ^_^

Very true and very well-written. Your writing is amazing and wonderful. It has so much depth, emotion, and truth in it; to me. I love it, and I agree with you. Thank you for sharing this. ^_^