Anti-Gun Control | Teen Ink

Anti-Gun Control

December 15, 2013
By Jagee13 BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Jagee13 BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The 21st century is having an international controversy on whether guns should be banned or why they should not. Americans who say it should are basing it off of one aspect; mass murders. In Australia and England there is a ban on guns and that makes guns almost impossible to obtain. Each side has their own reasons; anti-gun control more than pro-gun control. Guns should be allowed in the US and should not be able to be removed from the bill of rights.

It is the government’s job to prevent gun violence; not the people. Each year the FBI and military receive hundreds of billions of dollars; and we have the strongest military in the world. Why is it that we cannot ensure the tranquility of our citizens? The preamble of the constitution states the government must insure domestic tranquility and provide for the common defense.(USC.preamble.) With this we can infer that the government is the problem. Adam Lanza should of had to go through a specialized test created by the government in order to receive a gun; if he did then the short lives of twenty children could've been saved; and six adults.

The weak, feeble Americans who don’t have the ability to defend themselves physically need guns. Without guns they will be taken advantage of; crimes ranging from robbery to death. Around 73 million people in the US as of this year are disabled; approximately 73 million people. Criminals view these people as nothing more than a cash crop. How about the mothers who have children. With there being 13.7 million single parents in the US how do propose they protect their children; A majority of these parents have more than one child.

It is highly beneficial to leave guns legal. The continuation of gun sales will help bring more money to the government from tax. The government makes around 7% of every gun sold. That is seven dollars for every one hundred sold. Although guns sales continue to rise, murder by guns has gone down 17% since 2003. As of 12/12/13 300 million americans own guns. Adding on to that there are 313,914,040 in the USA. The are approximately a gun for everyone in the US except 14 million. The profit RGR, a well-known gun business, rose 67% compared to 2011.

The pro-gun control activists may claim the following. There is the danger of having your children know where your gun is. Proguncontrol.net says nearly 40% of all kids now where there guardians firearms are. Nearly 10,000 people a year die in the US from gun violence. Areas with higher amounts of guns tend to have more suicide fatalities.

With these facts you would infer that banning guns would lower gun crime rates. This is not at all the case. In the UK gun crime rates over the last decade increased by 89%. These guns are owned strictly by criminals. The criminals continue to rise crime rates while the good guys lose a right and die from criminals. In refutation to 40% of kids know where their parents guns are I say that’s an excellent thing. With that comes the protection of your family if everyone has the ability to protect one another you’ll be safer. If the parent was to leave they would be home alone and vulnerable.

In conclusion the pros outweigh the cons. Government will be able to get revenue, the crime rates will continue to lower, and feeble, disabled people will have protection. Guns are a necessities for a lot of people and if we have them we can protect ourselves from criminals who are going to obtain them either way.


Works Cited
Pavlich, Katie. "Gun Crime Soars in England Where Guns Are Banned." Townhall.com. N.p., 12 Dec. 2013. Web. 12 Dec. 2013.
Troop, Jay. "The Conservative Case for Gun Control in America." PolicyMic. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Dec. 2013.
"United States En." United States. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Dec. 2013.
"Who Needs Gun Control Articles?" Pro Gun Control Who Needs Gun Control Articles Comments. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2013.
Wolf, Jennifer. "Single Parent Statistics." About.com Single Parents. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2013.