Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

September 29, 2013
By SharifBrannon BRONZE, Elk Grove, California
SharifBrannon BRONZE, Elk Grove, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Pushed over the edge, the typical bully story, boy meets bully, bully beats boy. During my childhood I don’t ever really remember being bullied but I’ve seen lots and lots of people getting bullied before
. Especially during seventh and eighth grade I seen phenomenal amounts of bully. Calculating to a lot of people and kids, most bullying happens during middle school. I went to Pinkerton and there was some bullying there, but not too often. The typical way to describe a bully was someone who was a jockish type kid who was very popular and a person who everyone was scared to stand up too and defend themselves from. So the people being bullied were an easy target to them.
Most people get bullied because people think their weird or geeky. At any school there is always a group of kids who think there better than the rest of the schools population so they go around and make fun of people who aren’t like them. I think people who bully have serious problems. I think they have something going on in there life that they cant cope with so they think its ok to destroy someone else life. Bullies are very manipulative and pervasive they victimize kids to make themselves feel better, when they really are the problem.
Although, bullies do what they do, I doubt bully’s even are aware what they are doing to these kids and how much pain there causing the people around them. Kids tend to skip school a lot because they are afraid of their bully. They rather miss school than be tortured everyday. I think that is a huge problem in America.

As I look back, in Elementary school I used to be sort of a bully, I was mean and nasty too people and no one really liked me and wanted to be my friend. That was before I could really understand what I was doing to people. I discovered that I was really hurting people just by being mean to them. I didn’t want to be the cause of something happening to them in the future. I think the worst kind of bully comes from girls because they really know how to use there words with people and get into people heads, boy usually use more physical harm. Using words when you bully can bring down peoples self-esteem.
In the documentary called ‘’Bully’’ we watched in class this kid Alex was being bullied and picked on everyday. He thought he could just ignore everyone and move on with his business. But eventually he couldn’t take anymore and he self destructed. Bullying is a worldwide problem that needs to be in control of, because people die everyday because of getting bullied and taking on physical and mental abuse.
Reflecting on my childhood and kids dealing with their bully I’ve learned a lot. Bully happens mainly because people don’t realize what there doing to others and want to fit it with a certain group of kids. Popular kid picks on kid, so everyone does it then it goes downhill for the kid. There is no solution to get bullying to stop in my opinion because no matter what anyone does about it bullying will always be a big factor in America. I think there should be some kind of special law highly enforced so there will be less bulling.
And too the parents no what matter side your child is on during a bullying situation you should try and find a way to prevent this. Bullying is a very serious matter and you shouldn’t try to handle it on your own, there is no harm in asking for help.


The author's comments:
bullying is a worldwide problem and should be resolved.