Illegal Immigrants Essay | Teen Ink

Illegal Immigrants Essay

April 4, 2013
By KittySwagLordYolo BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
KittySwagLordYolo BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As im sure we have all heard of illegal immigration and it’s growing number wise, I would like to ask what you think about it. First off i'll tell you what I think about it for example the room for illegal immigrants have went up in the U.S.A. It has grown rapidly over the past year’s according to the New York Times, I feel there’s not enough room especially for “Illegal Immigrants”. Another reason why it’s bad is because it take’s our American’s jobs away, they should have their own jobs in their own country’s! I mean I know there’s a lot of corrupt things in Mexico, Middle East and maybe even Europe but they should figure out all of that because they can’t all be coming here it will get to packed! They need to fix their government and get some good jobs and a good life.

Now to get in more depth about jobs, Americans are already suffering as it is in this rough economy. And us Americans should get the jobs not the “illegal” immigrants. Now a days it’s even hard to get a job at Mcdonald’s, right now illegal immigration is hardly being prevented so they need to put up stricter borders Arizona because that’s the hot news of mexicans hopping borders also they need to look out for other borders. Maybe when the economy boosts back up we can let “legal” immigrants but they must be “legal” i can’t stress enough about how this need’s to be more strict. I know its hard for their possible corrupt government accoring to Procon.org we are taking alot of effect into this and they said it’s costing us million’s.
Now to get further into all the money that these Immigrants are costing us. First off all the Immigrants that are possibly living off welfare this is costing us more money than we can already handle, we already have millions of American’s on welfare so adding these “illegal” and “legal” Immigrants will just make it cost more! Also all the money that it costs to put up borders and hiring people taking care of it will cost a lot. It just all adds up to the point where we can’t handle it maybe this is a big reason of why we are in debt but not all of it of course. To get into more about welfare programs of course many know and maybe don’t know welfare programs cost millions even billions sometimes! so of course that’s a lot of money we can’t handle. So i'm thinking maybe if we cut down on the spending and just stop illegal immigration by putting up stronger borders we could possibly get more money back into the U.S treasury.
So now that I have gotten across my main points what do you think we should do? do you feel immigration is a good or bad thing? I’ve told you my opinion. Should we put up more strict borders or no? The main things i wanted to get across is that it costs a lot of money to have all of these immigrants in here also a lot of American’s jobs are at stake. But maybe there are some good things about this or possibly not. But my question is, what do you think we should do?