The United States and Mexico | Teen Ink

The United States and Mexico

By Timothy Peralta BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Timothy Peralta BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

Should the United States destroy the border lines? I believe that the United States should persuade Mexico to become part of our country. If we persuade Mexico to become part of our country, there would be a lot of advantages and disadvantages. America has been discussing this topic since and for a long time now. I believe The United States should convince Mexico to become part of the country because it will increase trade, increase the amount of money, and we will all have more protection.

My first reason why The United States should convince Mexico to become part of the country is because we will have more money by trading with each other. There would be a lot more goods being transported if we share a whole country. By having more land and space, there will and would be more space to grow crops. We will be helping our country as well as others, too. This is a win-win situation. America will gain more money as well as Mexico, too. We can/will help Mexico (poor country) recover and help its economy. We can help many hopeless lives and recreate them into something even better. Erasing the border between America and Mexico will add a lot more money to both countries and their economies.

My second reason why The United States should persuade Mexico to become part of our country is because we will all get even more protection.1 “a perimeter approach to security, working together within, at, and away from the borders of our two countries in a way that supports economic competiveness, job creation, and prosperity, and in a partnership to enhance our security and accelerate the legitimate how of people and goods between our two countries…An integrated cargo security strategy;-A joint approach to port and border security and screening ;-cross- border sharing of information between law enforcement agencies ;- a closer working relationship between the two militaries in the event of emergencies ;- a new level of collaboration on preventing and recovering from counter attacks.” The two powerful armies can come together to create an even bigger, dominant army. When these two armies/military come together, we would probably be unstoppable. We will be more secure looking out for each other. Erasing the border will give us more protection.

My third reason why we should persuade/convince Mexico to become part of our country is because it will be a new way of working together. We will put all the past behind us like the Mexican-American war. We can help each other in different things. We can help build and create bonds. We can start new businesses. If their economy is going down, we would help them. If our economy is becoming weak, they help us. If we are in war, they help us, etc. We should erase the border/s to build strong bonds.

I believe that The United States should persuade and convince Mexico to become part of our country. By erasing the border we will get more money as well as Mexico. It will help Americans and Mexicans be more secure. Also, we will build and create strong bonds. So, is America joining with Mexico with Mexico a positive choice to make or a bad/negative decision to make? You decide!