Gun Control | Teen Ink

Gun Control

March 20, 2013
By Michael44 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Michael44 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Guns are usually made to hurt another. Why do we Americas want to show that we’re honestly okay with that? Should the government control gun purchases and use? The conservative would say if we have more guns, that there would be less crime because there would be more caution with people they mess with. The Liberal would say more guns lead to much more deaths, and accidents which lead to an unimaginable future. I believe the government should control the purchases and use of guns because there are too many shootings, the second amendment is out dated, and there would be less crime.

Guns lead to shootings causing many deaths, and tragic accidents. There was a shooting in Aurora; killing many innocent people in a movie theater. Sandy Hook also many innocent children were killed because of this maniac .A conservative might say “More guns = less deaths because of protection”, but I say it causes more control over guns, and power causing many conflicts. Therefore, weapons seem to cause many massive shootings, and tragic deaths; we don’t need them.

Another reason why I believe the government should have control over weapons is because the Bill of Rights is outdated. “Slavery is wrong. Women should be allowed to vote. If we were considering to list of federal state, and local laws have been enacted.” Since there have been many rights broken from the bill of rights, so why can’t we brake another one that will protect us? A conservative might say “well you clearly can’t break the bill of rights, the entire president promised not to.” Since day one George Washington broke his promise by allowing slavery. Therefore, the Bill of Rights is outdated, and should be dis-obeyed for our sake.

The less amount of weapons = less crime. The conservative might state, “If everyone has guns then they would be scared of trying to rob someone if they get shot, so there wouldn’t be any problems.” Well if you think about it if they do try it one day, then someone’s bound to get hurt. I mean if they both have weapons then someone’s going to shoot and die. “You cannot be free when you’re an innocent victim, dying on the floor at a movie theater…working the late shift at 7-11 who is robbed at gun point.”1 This shows you’re an innocent living your life, and a trigger could ruin your whole entire life! Not having guns; yes of course there’s other death factors in America, guns are just number-one leading source. Do we want guns?

The government should have total control over the use of guns in the United States; if not there are more deaths by shooting in the United States. Fewer guns clearly will have less crime, and dramatic deaths. Do you want a gun pointed at you?
1 = New York Times Magazine, “Government Gun Control”.