John McCain for President This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Republican candidate John McCain has experience in our nation’s government. His views on border security and the environment make him well suited for the nation’s soon-to-be vacant spot in the White House.

McCain shows great leadership and involvement in the nation’s welfare. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a naval aviator for 22 years. He survived his first near-death experience in July 1967, as he was preparing to take off on a bombing mission during the Vietnam War. A rocket from a nearby plane struck and exploded the fuel tanks of McCain’s plane. McCain was given the option to go home with an honorable discharge, but he refused and volunteered for another five and half years. This act of courage shows McCain’s perseverance, strength, and determination to serve his country.

During McCain’s twenty-third bombing mission in Vietnam, he was shot down. Fortunately, he survived, but he became a prisoner of war for years at the “Hanoi Hilton” prison camp. After his release, ­McCain demonstrated once again his tenacious love for his country, continuing his career as a naval aviator. McCain retired from the Navy in 1981 with the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross honors.

In 1982, McCain was elected to the House of Representatives from Arizona. He promoted strengthening the armed forces, reforming government, and eliminating unnecessary federal spending. Then, in 1986, he was elected to the U.S. Senate and has served continuously since.

McCain has experience close to the presidential ­position, making him an ideal next president of the United States. His campaign slogan speaks for itself: “Ready From Day One.” His experience in the armed forces and involvement in Congress give McCain significant advantages over other candidates.

McCain holds firm to his desire to secure the ­borders, and provides an effective plan for doing this. Illegal immigrants flood into the nation, costing millions of taxpayer dollars. McCain has devised a plan to tighten security at our borders. By doing this, McCain believes that the U.S. will be able to address immigration problems more effectively. McCain recognizes the importance of building strong allies with Latin America and assimilating our immigrant population, having them learn U.S. history and English.

McCain will also lead the way to a cleaner, greener environment. As a leader in preventing global warming, he vows to ensure cleaner air and water. McCain also believes that conserving U.S. resources will boost the nation’s economy. In addition, he would promote global participation in reducing greenhouse gases. McCain would like to reduce carbon emissions by harnessing market forces, promoting alternative energy, and reducing dependence on foreign fuel. McCain will create a presidential legacy by promoting the conservation of our environment.

John McCain is the best candidate in the 2008 ­election because his experience outweighs that of ­other candidates. ­McCain has devised two necessary plans that would directly help U.S. citizens and further the ­nation as a world power by setting a positive example for other countries.

wondergrl95 said...
Haha! Obama won! I respect your opinion but McCain does not have good judgment at all. Obama was the better choice and I can not wiat until January and the inauguration! Obama in the White House baby!

conservative71196 replied...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:17 pm :
Well, that is your opinion.

conservative71196 replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 10:05 pm :
Oh yeah. Hope and Change. How's that working out for you?

Anonymous504 replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 10:16 pm :
it is the right opinion

Beckyyisfressh said...
Good peice, nice info. i just have 3 words. BARACK IS BEST. And 3 more. BARACK OBAMA WON.

Sunshine said...
Good writing. I love that you only presented why we should vote for McCain instead of bashing Barack Obama. Most others sling mud around. (p.s,I supported President-elect Obama)

lil b. said...
Nov. 14, 2008 at 12:45 am:
I thought that McCain would do ay-ok... but then OBAMA's speech was more better and more descriptive about what he would do about the nation's economy and the taxes for people. McCain's speech wasn't all that good, I mean, he barely told what he was going to do... so then ummmm... Sorry McCain.Pr

marystone said...
Two words: Barrack Won!

baller131313 said...
Nov. 3, 2008 at 1:24 am:
Good job, but y not mention the fact that Barrack Obama has been linked to two terorists and he held his support for two of the most flaling compines in the world, Fannie Mae and Fredie Mac. Also I would have mentioned that Barrack plans to heavly tax the wealthy, and I think Very wise words should be brought to action. "You can not strengthing the weak, by weaking the strong. You can not make the poor rich, by making the rich poor. You can not bring the wage earner up, by pulling the wage ... (more »)

conservative71196 replied...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:21 pm :
YES!! I love your comment, baller131313!!
I love that quote by Abraham Lincoln!
His words are the truth!
I am very disappointed that we, the Americans, still don't acknowledge or understand this statement.

shaunny772 said...
personally I think McCain could do great for this country. great plans, great background, great VP which alot of people don't think shes ready to be president if anything happened to McCain but really she would most probably do better then Biden could do. Shes also better at addressing the nation then Biden is. McCain would be a good president because he tells what hes gonna do where as Obama dosen't. I don't have anything against Obama or Biden i just think McCain\Palin would be better. **Go ... (more »)

Anonymous504 replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:54 am :
How in heck can you support a woman like palin? She's a complete featherbrain!

Anonymous504 replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:56 am :
By the way, have you actually seen one of her unedited, complete speeches?

TennisTay said...
I could not have said it better myself! Go McCain!!1 ♥

bagpiper said...
You have hit the nail right on the head with McCain. I am so glad that another teenager thinks like me!!! Win McCain!!!

Shane_Zeh_Banderbear said...
Oct. 27, 2008 at 12:22 am:
Hm. The way I see the pros and cons with the things you mentioned and a few other important things is represented underneath this sentence. Pro: Greener economy plan. Experience. Extremely patriotic. Military experience. Cons: Would waste money slowing immigration a bit rather then fixing it at it's source. Inexperienced VP. Would continue to give tax breaks to corporations that hire outside of the U.S. Would continue fighting in the middle east with no timetable, and no real initiative to tak... (more »)

atmccall1 said...
GO MCCAIN

Katlyn said...
I believe you left out Sarah Palin. Do you really want her in charge of us if/when McCain dies? Come on, now.

conservative71196 replied...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:24 pm :
That is sexist. So what if Sarah would be president if McCain died? She would do a great job.

crawfordkid This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 10, 2010 at 7:21 pm :
I would love if Sarah Palin ran the country. Of all the politicians out there, nearly everytime (nearly) she is interviewed, debating, or giving a speech, I sit back and think "Man, that's what I believe." I would be comletely ecstatic if she ran in 2012 - I couldn't imagine a better canidate to support my first election voting!

conservative71196 replied...
Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:28 pm :
Me too! I'm so glad!