John McCain for President | Teen Ink

John McCain for President MAG

Republican candidate John McCain has experience in our nation’s government. His views on border security and the environment make him well suited for the nation’s soon-to-be vacant spot in the White House.

McCain shows great leadership and involvement in the nation’s welfare. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a naval aviator for 22 years. He survived his first near-death experience in July 1967, as he was preparing to take off on a bombing mission during the Vietnam War. A rocket from a nearby plane struck and exploded the fuel tanks of McCain’s plane. McCain was given the option to go home with an honorable discharge, but he refused and volunteered for another five and half years. This act of courage shows McCain’s perseverance, strength, and determination to serve his country.

During McCain’s twenty-third bombing mission in Vietnam, he was shot down. Fortunately, he survived, but he became a prisoner of war for years at the “Hanoi Hilton” prison camp. After his release, ­McCain demonstrated once again his tenacious love for his country, continuing his career as a naval aviator. McCain retired from the Navy in 1981 with the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross honors.

In 1982, McCain was elected to the House of Representatives from Arizona. He promoted strengthening the armed forces, reforming government, and eliminating unnecessary federal spending. Then, in 1986, he was elected to the U.S. Senate and has served continuously since.

McCain has experience close to the presidential ­position, making him an ideal next president of the United States. His campaign slogan speaks for itself: “Ready From Day One.” His experience in the armed forces and involvement in Congress give McCain significant advantages over other candidates.

McCain holds firm to his desire to secure the ­borders, and provides an effective plan for doing this. Illegal immigrants flood into the nation, costing millions of taxpayer dollars. McCain has devised a plan to tighten security at our borders. By doing this, McCain believes that the U.S. will be able to address immigration problems more effectively. McCain recognizes the importance of building strong allies with Latin America and assimilating our immigrant population, having them learn U.S. history and English.

McCain will also lead the way to a cleaner, greener environment. As a leader in preventing global warming, he vows to ensure cleaner air and water. McCain also believes that conserving U.S. resources will boost the nation’s economy. In addition, he would promote global participation in reducing greenhouse gases. McCain would like to reduce carbon emissions by harnessing market forces, promoting alternative energy, and reducing dependence on foreign fuel. McCain will create a presidential legacy by promoting the conservation of our environment.

John McCain is the best candidate in the 2008 ­election because his experience outweighs that of ­other candidates. ­McCain has devised two necessary plans that would directly help U.S. citizens and further the ­nation as a world power by setting a positive example for other countries.

conservative71196 BRONZE, Harrison City, Pennsylvania

"THE KBG WILL WAIT FOR NO ONE!! Its true." -The Office

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil." Psalm 23

Thank you, crawfordkid!

Karma_Chameleon SILVER, English, Indiana

To be able to say "I love you" one must first be able to say "I" - Ayn Rand

I would love if Sarah Palin ran the country. Of all the politicians out there, nearly everytime (nearly) she is interviewed, debating, or giving a speech, I sit back and think "Man, that's what I believe." I would be comletely ecstatic if she ran in 2012 - I couldn't imagine a better canidate to support my first election voting!

conservitive71196, I am loving the username :-)

808PopSugarJunkie BRONZE, Scarborough, Other

"Youth is wasted on the young"
"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Hey, not bad for persuasive essay writng.

BUT again, like everyone echoed, you could have made mentioned the downfalls or even better - made it a little personal. Could you relate strongly w/ McCain, or what he did? etc.

I think that would have made it really good. =)

betterhappyending BRONZE, San Ysidro, California

"I don't consider myself a pessimist. I think of a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain. And I feel soaked to the skin." - Leonard Cohen

The "if you don't like Obama, you're racist" argument is the view of a tiny minority of, quite frankly, immature people. Please don't take it as a reflection of all of America.

@ Conservative71196,
You also mentioned that Obama is breaking his promise of not raising taxes for the middle class. Can you please give an example of this?

Conservative71196, perhaps you should take some of your own advice. I'll promise not to present my opinions as facts if you stop doing the same. Also, typing in all capitals does not lend more truth or significance to your argument.

I don't quite understand your view on illegal immigrants receiving healthcare. They already do receive healthcare through emergency rooms, since they are legally bound not to turn anyone away regardless of their status or ability to pay. And guess who pays the bill? That's right- American taxpayers. By exclusively passing health insurance expansion for American citizens only, we actually pay more than if we allowed them to buy into the proposed public option, in which they would have to pay their own way.

And on a humanitarian aspect of this debate, it seriously troubles me when people essentially argue that illegal immigrants are not deserving like the rest of "us". This is not an "us vs. them" scenario. We are all people, and if you're going to argue for more border security and restrictions, please consider the problems with our immigration system first, and exactly why people are motivated to risk their lives to come to this country. You and I (assuming you were born here) are lucky enough to be born citizens. I would just like to give everyone this chance before branding every illegal immigrant as a subhuman criminal.

how could you think that he is not inexperienced? WHAT EXPERIENCE DOES HE HAVE????And by the way, everyone(the DEMOCRATS) voted for him - the inexperienced president.

Human said...
Im sorry that you are being called a racist but the whole reason why america has fell apart is because of a republican(Bush)made it that way because it wasn't like someone said two magic words and the economy fell in to pieces it was because of a republican and i think the people of america realized that McCain would just add to the flame that has been ablaze since Bush was out of office.

Being said...
I really don't think that Obama is immature or inexperienced at all. I don't think ANYONE would have voted for an inexperienced president

Paramore BRONZE, Seattle, Washington
I think you wrote it well but I really have to disagree with your opinion. McCain was just like so many other past presidents that didn't do a god job. Maybe McCain would make a good president. But Obama is a change that we need to at least try out.

YES! YES! YES!

That is sexist. So what if Sarah would be president if McCain died? She would do a great job.

YES!! I love your comment, baller131313!!

I love that quote by Abraham Lincoln!

His words are the truth!

I am very disappointed that we, the Americans, still don't acknowledge or understand this statement.

Well, that is your opinion.

like I said before,

JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE OBAMA AS A PERSON DOESNT MEAN THAT WE ARE RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!

If that is what people judge you by, then what has America come to?

Yes, don't you hate when just because you don't like obama as a person, people call you racist? If that is what people judge you by, then what has America come to?

You think that obama IS qualified to lead the country?? How is someone (McCain) who served this country as a naval aviator for 22 years, was in the House of Representatives for 4 years, and was in the senate for 23 years unqualified to lead the country?? OBAMA WAS IN THE SENATE FOR 120 DAYS!!!! YOU CALL THAT EXPERIENCE?? As Rush Limbaugh said, obama is immature, inexperienced, and in over his head. you democrats need to look at the facts, stop pretending that your opinions ARE facts, and stop presenting them as such. The only reason obama is president is because there are a lot of idiot liberals and democrats out there who actually believed his lies. like when he said in his campaign that he would not raise taxes for the middle class. And look what he is doing. Also he said that illegal immigrants will not receive his so-called health care. At least some people recognized this as a lie. How bad can you be if someone else in politics stands up and shouts "YOU LIE!" in front of the entire country? And when the illegal immigrants do receive health care, the democrats are going to have a good old time trying to spin that one. You people need to realize something. You are blinded by the fact that someone from your political party is finally president, and you forget to look at the cold hard unbiased facts. When this nation and life as we know it is destroyed, which it will be if we continue down this path, then i hope that you people are smart enough to realize that you, the democrats, are not always right.

It is McCain.

Electricity PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
i like the way you wrote it, but I have to disagree. OBOMA!