John McCain for President This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Republican candidate John McCain has experience in our nation’s government. His views on border security and the environment make him well suited for the nation’s soon-to-be vacant spot in the White House.

McCain shows great leadership and involvement in the nation’s welfare. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a naval aviator for 22 years. He survived his first near-death experience in July 1967, as he was preparing to take off on a bombing mission during the Vietnam War. A rocket from a nearby plane struck and exploded the fuel tanks of McCain’s plane. McCain was given the option to go home with an honorable discharge, but he refused and volunteered for another five and half years. This act of courage shows McCain’s perseverance, strength, and determination to serve his country.

During McCain’s twenty-third bombing mission in Vietnam, he was shot down. Fortunately, he survived, but he became a prisoner of war for years at the “Hanoi Hilton” prison camp. After his release, ­McCain demonstrated once again his tenacious love for his country, continuing his career as a naval aviator. McCain retired from the Navy in 1981 with the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross honors.

In 1982, McCain was elected to the House of Representatives from Arizona. He promoted strengthening the armed forces, reforming government, and eliminating unnecessary federal spending. Then, in 1986, he was elected to the U.S. Senate and has served continuously since.

McCain has experience close to the presidential ­position, making him an ideal next president of the United States. His campaign slogan speaks for itself: “Ready From Day One.” His experience in the armed forces and involvement in Congress give McCain significant advantages over other candidates.

McCain holds firm to his desire to secure the ­borders, and provides an effective plan for doing this. Illegal immigrants flood into the nation, costing millions of taxpayer dollars. McCain has devised a plan to tighten security at our borders. By doing this, McCain believes that the U.S. will be able to address immigration problems more effectively. McCain recognizes the importance of building strong allies with Latin America and assimilating our immigrant population, having them learn U.S. history and English.

McCain will also lead the way to a cleaner, greener environment. As a leader in preventing global warming, he vows to ensure cleaner air and water. McCain also believes that conserving U.S. resources will boost the nation’s economy. In addition, he would promote global participation in reducing greenhouse gases. McCain would like to reduce carbon emissions by harnessing market forces, promoting alternative energy, and reducing dependence on foreign fuel. McCain will create a presidential legacy by promoting the conservation of our environment.

John McCain is the best candidate in the 2008 ­election because his experience outweighs that of ­other candidates. ­McCain has devised two necessary plans that would directly help U.S. citizens and further the ­nation as a world power by setting a positive example for other countries.

Succesispossible said...
I do my best to remain calm but this is bias and unnecessary. I understand we are all entitled to opinions. HERE IS MINE. John McCain is not qualified to lead the the richest country on the earth. Obama is president for a reason. He went from underdog to top dog in a year. America saw change and took the hope. He said we picked hope over fear. We did. and you're source is probabvly the most bias McCain site there is.

Anonymous504 replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 10:12 pm :

@the politicians son

How can you say Obama won mostly from the black vote, when he had 60% of the vote, and only 12% of the us population is black?

I just don't understand the logistics of that.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution replied...
Sept. 12, 2010 at 11:20 pm :
jen920, thanks i agree with most of what you said, and to "the politicians son", yes thats extremely racist, look up how many black people are in our country, its almost impossible for someone to become president if less than 5o percent of the votters vote for that candidate

Natalie M. replied...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 12:38 pm :
I love you conservative71196. Rush is one of the most interesting people to listen to. People who believe that obama has experience what are you thinking. This so called citizen has no field experience for 120 days, I personally think he knows nothing. Conservative71196 i think you are on to something and you Democrats do need to look at the facts!

wi234 replied...
Jan. 23, 2011 at 6:47 am :
The article was good but i strongly disagree with some of the things said in it. For one thing the writer talks about how illegal "flood into this country " seeming to refer to them like invaders when they are capable of expanding job growth 

Lenah replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 10:41 pm :
i agree conservative71196!! 100%- ly (i mean all the way.)

zeppelin4ever said...
im way too young to vote, but if i could i would of voted McCain. ive been labeled as a racest before, and i am now hated by many of the stuck up rich kids at my school. I am not a racest, i just dont like obama. the artical was very good and i suport the writer all the way. Mccain should of won, but he didnt. amarica is falling apart at the seems, NO WE CANT

conservative71196 replied...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:14 pm :
Yes, don't you hate when just because you don't like obama as a person, people call you racist? If that is what people judge you by, then what has America come to?

Human replied...
Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:49 pm :
Im sorry that you are being called a racist but the whole reason why america has fell apart is because of a republican(Bush)made it that way because it wasn't like someone said two magic words and the economy fell in to pieces it was because of a republican and i think the people of america realized that McCain would just add to the flame that has been ablaze since Bush was out of office.

Natalie M. replied...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 12:42 pm :
Thank you zeppelin4ever, i am too young to vote too. My senario is exactly the same, ive been called racist and have been yelled at for being different! thank you!

ezsmilesannemarie said...
Although I disagree with your stand on the election, it was well written. Barack Obama is best fit for president....
If McCain won, I don't know where we'd be. Palin is just...terrible. She was my biggest concern, but I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore.

oboma da man said...
dude dont be rasist we all have our own opionj though but rasisum isnt kool

conservative71196 replied...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:16 pm :
like I said before,
JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE OBAMA AS A PERSON DOESNT MEAN THAT WE ARE RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!
If that is what people judge you by, then what has America come to?

jen920 replied...
Dec. 10, 2009 at 5:54 pm :
The "if you don't like Obama, you're racist" argument is the view of a tiny minority of, quite frankly, immature people. Please don't take it as a reflection of all of America.

LOKO MONO! said...
OH YEEEEEEEEEEE!

schoolrocks said...
i have one ting to say mccain should of won by the way great artical p.s the vote was riged

Anonymous504 replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 10:16 pm :

I have two "ting" to say, schoolrocks. 

First the republican party is the only group capable of flipping votes.

The second is that if McCain had won, the country would have fallen into economic collapse almost immediately. McCain couldn't run the finances of an ice cream shop.

loko mono said...
ummmmmmmmmm he should of won

Soccerlover18 said...
I wish he would have won):

breeluh. said...
While I personally supported Barrack Obama, I really like this article because it was well written, and unlike other article, it didn't use rumors about Barrack Obama as a reason to support him.

wondergrl95 said...
Haha! Obama won! I respect your opinion but McCain does not have good judgment at all. Obama was the better choice and I can not wiat until January and the inauguration! Obama in the White House baby!