John McCain for President This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Republican candidate John McCain has experience in our nation’s government. His views on border security and the environment make him well suited for the nation’s soon-to-be vacant spot in the White House.

McCain shows great leadership and involvement in the nation’s welfare. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a naval aviator for 22 years. He survived his first near-death experience in July 1967, as he was preparing to take off on a bombing mission during the Vietnam War. A rocket from a nearby plane struck and exploded the fuel tanks of McCain’s plane. McCain was given the option to go home with an honorable discharge, but he refused and volunteered for another five and half years. This act of courage shows McCain’s perseverance, strength, and determination to serve his country.

During McCain’s twenty-third bombing mission in Vietnam, he was shot down. Fortunately, he survived, but he became a prisoner of war for years at the “Hanoi Hilton” prison camp. After his release, ­McCain demonstrated once again his tenacious love for his country, continuing his career as a naval aviator. McCain retired from the Navy in 1981 with the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross honors.

In 1982, McCain was elected to the House of Representatives from Arizona. He promoted strengthening the armed forces, reforming government, and eliminating unnecessary federal spending. Then, in 1986, he was elected to the U.S. Senate and has served continuously since.

McCain has experience close to the presidential ­position, making him an ideal next president of the United States. His campaign slogan speaks for itself: “Ready From Day One.” His experience in the armed forces and involvement in Congress give McCain significant advantages over other candidates.

McCain holds firm to his desire to secure the ­borders, and provides an effective plan for doing this. Illegal immigrants flood into the nation, costing millions of taxpayer dollars. McCain has devised a plan to tighten security at our borders. By doing this, McCain believes that the U.S. will be able to address immigration problems more effectively. McCain recognizes the importance of building strong allies with Latin America and assimilating our immigrant population, having them learn U.S. history and English.

McCain will also lead the way to a cleaner, greener environment. As a leader in preventing global warming, he vows to ensure cleaner air and water. McCain also believes that conserving U.S. resources will boost the nation’s economy. In addition, he would promote global participation in reducing greenhouse gases. McCain would like to reduce carbon emissions by harnessing market forces, promoting alternative energy, and reducing dependence on foreign fuel. McCain will create a presidential legacy by promoting the conservation of our environment.

John McCain is the best candidate in the 2008 ­election because his experience outweighs that of ­other candidates. ­McCain has devised two necessary plans that would directly help U.S. citizens and further the ­nation as a world power by setting a positive example for other countries.

HOPEMVP said...
I really thought this topic as whole was excellent,I VOTED FOR McCAIN. Obama just wasn't enough actual facts on him on his website or any anything. I mean in his bio it didn't make any sense. Was he really born here as a USA citizen.

peacebeatlesxoxo said...
Feb. 23, 2009 at 3:15 pm:
i don't like maccain!!

conservative71196 replied...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:41 pm :
It is McCain.

crawfordkid This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 10, 2010 at 7:14 pm :
conservitive71196, I am loving the username :-)

conservative71196 replied...
Jan. 20, 2010 at 8:27 pm :
Thank you, crawfordkid!

Anonymous504 replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 10:03 pm :
i don't like maccain either.

zuriii said...
this is a good article, but you are missing information on why NOT to vote for obama. he beat the odds.

the politicians son replied...
May 20, 2010 at 9:32 am :
The paragraph is not about Obama. That would be off topic

Anonymous504 replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 10:04 pm :
beat the odds? I don't call a double digit win beating the odds.

kjljkljljljl;ajjasj;alj;f said...
I agree because McCain has a lot of expieriance and knows what hes doing.All you people are saying u are racist if u dont vote for obama,but u are sexest if u dont for McCain

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution replied...
Sept. 12, 2010 at 11:14 pm :
sexist?, listen i completely respect mccain but of your reffering to sarah palin, im sorry but shes tried to ban books, is truthfully not intelligent after looking at about 10 interviews and would be a disaster if she had gotten into office

Succesispossible said...
I do my best to remain calm but this is bias and unnecessary. I understand we are all entitled to opinions. HERE IS MINE. John McCain is not qualified to lead the the richest country on the earth. Obama is president for a reason. He went from underdog to top dog in a year. America saw change and took the hope. He said we picked hope over fear. We did. and you're source is probabvly the most bias McCain site there is.

conservative71196 replied...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:11 pm :
You think that obama IS qualified to lead the country?? How is someone (McCain) who served this country as a naval aviator for 22 years, was in the House of Representatives for 4 years, and was in the senate for 23 years unqualified to lead the country?? OBAMA WAS IN THE SENATE FOR 120 DAYS!!!! YOU CALL THAT EXPERIENCE?? As Rush Limbaugh said, obama is immature, inexperienced, and in over his head. you democrats need to look at the facts, stop pretending that your opinions ARE facts, and stop pr... (more »)

Being replied...
Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:38 pm :
I really don't think that Obama is immature or inexperienced at all. I don't think ANYONE would have voted for an inexperienced president

conservative71196 replied...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 4:22 pm :
how could you think that he is not inexperienced? WHAT EXPERIENCE DOES HE HAVE????And by the way, everyone(the DEMOCRATS) voted for him - the inexperienced president.

Jenny M. replied...
Dec. 9, 2009 at 10:29 pm :
Conservative71196, perhaps you should take some of your own advice. I'll promise not to present my opinions as facts if you stop doing the same. Also, typing in all capitals does not lend more truth or significance to your argument.
I don't quite understand your view on illegal immigrants receiving healthcare. They already do receive healthcare through emergency rooms, since they are legally bound not to turn anyone away regardless of their status or ability to pay. And guess wh... (more »)

jen920 replied...
Dec. 9, 2009 at 10:48 pm :
@ Conservative71196, You also mentioned that Obama is breaking his promise of not raising taxes for the middle class. Can you please give an example of this?

mjones replied...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 1:36 pm :
Oh please conservative71196, Rush Limbaugh is a drug addict and a lunatic.

the politicians son replied...
May 20, 2010 at 9:36 am :
Nobody say this is racist because it is not it is a fact. Obama won Mostly from black voters.

the politicians son replied...
May 20, 2010 at 9:39 am :
jenny m the point is they came here illigally.