John McCain for President This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Republican candidate John McCain has experience in our nation’s government. His views on border security and the environment make him well suited for the nation’s soon-to-be vacant spot in the White House.

McCain shows great leadership and involvement in the nation’s welfare. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a naval aviator for 22 years. He survived his first near-death experience in July 1967, as he was preparing to take off on a bombing mission during the Vietnam War. A rocket from a nearby plane struck and exploded the fuel tanks of McCain’s plane. McCain was given the option to go home with an honorable discharge, but he refused and volunteered for another five and half years. This act of courage shows McCain’s perseverance, strength, and determination to serve his country.

During McCain’s twenty-third bombing mission in Vietnam, he was shot down. Fortunately, he survived, but he became a prisoner of war for years at the “Hanoi Hilton” prison camp. After his release, ­McCain demonstrated once again his tenacious love for his country, continuing his career as a naval aviator. McCain retired from the Navy in 1981 with the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross honors.

In 1982, McCain was elected to the House of Representatives from Arizona. He promoted strengthening the armed forces, reforming government, and eliminating unnecessary federal spending. Then, in 1986, he was elected to the U.S. Senate and has served continuously since.

McCain has experience close to the presidential ­position, making him an ideal next president of the United States. His campaign slogan speaks for itself: “Ready From Day One.” His experience in the armed forces and involvement in Congress give McCain significant advantages over other candidates.

McCain holds firm to his desire to secure the ­borders, and provides an effective plan for doing this. Illegal immigrants flood into the nation, costing millions of taxpayer dollars. McCain has devised a plan to tighten security at our borders. By doing this, McCain believes that the U.S. will be able to address immigration problems more effectively. McCain recognizes the importance of building strong allies with Latin America and assimilating our immigrant population, having them learn U.S. history and English.

McCain will also lead the way to a cleaner, greener environment. As a leader in preventing global warming, he vows to ensure cleaner air and water. McCain also believes that conserving U.S. resources will boost the nation’s economy. In addition, he would promote global participation in reducing greenhouse gases. McCain would like to reduce carbon emissions by harnessing market forces, promoting alternative energy, and reducing dependence on foreign fuel. McCain will create a presidential legacy by promoting the conservation of our environment.

John McCain is the best candidate in the 2008 ­election because his experience outweighs that of ­other candidates. ­McCain has devised two necessary plans that would directly help U.S. citizens and further the ­nation as a world power by setting a positive example for other countries.

AspiringauhorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Are you even kidding me? The elections have been over for so long. All this did was stir things up, and you know it. Obama is doing as great a job as he CAN do as President. I am sorry, but my opinion is that this article was simply an immature attempt to start an angry debate between others. 

................. replied...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:36 am :
then your parents are foolish

AspiringauhorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 10:55 am :
It was their choice, not yours. They're entitled to whatever opinions they want. Calling them names won't change that. The only thing it will change is your level of maturity... Making it go down.

insane_lemons said...

obama is trying. bush did push all his leftover stimulas money to obama, so he wouldn't have to face it. it's not one person's fault.

mcCain supported to "don't ask, don't tell" policy. he is beyond conservative. i do not support mcCain.

obama did not change everything in one year, and most of us are severely disappointed, i am one of them. i do not like President Obama.

its not just one person's actions that do something to an economy. good article, i may not agree, but ... (more »)

Hmaxil replied...
Oct. 21, 2010 at 8:39 am :
You cannot blame obama for the lack of constructive policies etc. If the republicans in the house of representitives and the senate actually took the time to think about approving some of the policies instead of atomatically rejecting them beacause they come from a democrate in office,then Obama would have allready made a lot of head way.

custerrocks replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 11:10 am :
BS. Obama is to blame, because he is a horrible president. But you are right that Obama is trying... to destroy America. And McCain is a RINO so he really isn't all that conservative.

Anonymous504 said...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:51 am:

GOBOMA!

lolz

Threefiddy replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 3:02 am :

I supported McCain 20 months ago, when the alternative was Obama. McCain is another big-government, spent-thrift Republic, much like his predecessor. I supported him because of Obama, the most radical-leftist to ever serve in the white house. McCain wouldn't have nationalized, and thus, destroyed our health care system, spent trillions of dollars on a failed "stimulus", and used such incendiary rhetoric towards the prospect of individualism, the profit incentive, and exaltation of the governm... (more »)

Anonymous504 replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 8:29 pm :

Hi,

I have a few questions.

What about nationalizing health care would destroy the system?

How can you prove, less than two years after the stimulus was passed, that it is a failure?

Finally, why didn't you vote independent if you don't want either candidate? Or green party?

Thanks

joecool101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 9, 2010 at 10:39 am :
I totally agree! Mccain was MUCH better than President Obama

Anonymous504 replied...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 2:56 pm :

The full text of my comment was:

"GOBOMA!

lolz"

I have no idea how you interpreted that as support for McCain.

Lenah replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 10:37 pm :
you didn't spell his name right

Anonymous504 replied...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 9:04 am :
Someone else said "goboma" earlier in the comments. I was making fun of the comment.

you must be dumb replied...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:41 am :
hey Anonymous504 how did you sustain such a massave head injury when you were a young kid

SemiVeggie said...
Okay, sassafrasical. Yes, the debt has increased because Obama has had to pay out to fix some of the mess that he got when he came into office. For example, the new healthcare plan costs some to put into place, but it will ultimately save the US a little over 1 trillion dollars, so, if everything goes well the national debt will go down under President Obama. Also, I'm not entirely sure how the debt having increased since the President has been in office shows he's an idiot and a liar...

son of psiden replied...
May 7, 2010 at 9:01 am :
you guys really dont know what your talking about obama is a liar because in election obama said national debt would go down in his first year in officelook how that is turing out

BlueberryPoptartHasAnAmazinglyLongScreenname replied...
May 18, 2010 at 3:21 pm :
What do you expect him to do, waltz in wave a magical wand and poof! It's all okay? Of course not. THe important thing is to remeber who wrecked it in the first place.

the politicians son replied...
May 20, 2010 at 9:30 am :

No but he lied in the first place why say you can when you can not. If your implying Bush wrecked it read all of my comments on who thinks pres obama is full of junk.

p.s. I am also son of psiden sorry I changed my screen name.

Anonymous504 replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 8:30 pm :

Can you actually prove a single lie he has told? I would love to see that.

Natalie M. replied...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 12:29 pm :
Ok,  id like to ask how the healthcare plan is going to save us. We as good tax payers are going to be paying for some lazy person who didn't want to go to collage and get a good paying job. They are not my  or your responsibility. This healthcare is going to cost us as citizens more money, than if we go on as we have. 

Anonymous504 replied...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 1:06 pm :

I actually never heard obama saying the health care plan would "save us", as you put it. I seem to hear him talking more about fixing the health care industry. By the way, the congressional budget office concluded early in the health care fiasco that it will actually save 100 million dollars of federal money.

Just take a moment to find out what was actually in the bill, please. It's boring. Really boring. All the health care hype is just that: hype.

Try again.