2012's Coming to an End | Teen Ink

2012's Coming to an End

2012 is coming to an end. And in the past two months, it has been busy for all. Barack Obama, president of the United States, got re-elected in November 6th to be the president for yet another, four years.

Obama is a strong democrat.

When he first got elected in 2008, he promised many things and he failed to do as he promised, but yet again got re-elected. This time around, Obama happens to be promising more and even promising things that he promised would be done four years ago that never happened.

Many citizens in the state of Wisconsin, or better yet, Hartland, are republicans. So to hear about the re-election was a tough time for many.

In this time around 95% of blacks voted for Obama. That is more than 2008’s voters by far.
This can be a coincidence, but that fact that this is the first time in history that a black president is elected, many of them could have been excited to finally have a president like that.
“In an Obama administration, we’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year,” says Obama, “We won’t do all this twenty years from now, or ten years from now. We’ll do it by the end of my first term as President of the United States.”

This is one of the many promises Obama claimed he would accomplish by the end of his term.

Did it happen? Sadly not, instead of lowering the premiums, the prices rose up to $2,400 and continue to increase.

The Boston Article says, “Obama promised to cut the deficits by half, and failed.”
Obama promises to do so much but fails to do so in many circumstances. If you’re going to promise something, you better know it is possible and it is going to work.
Barack Obama got re-elected this year, 2012. Like four years ago, Obama promises to do more.
‘‘I will not let oil companies write this country’s energy plan or endanger our coastlines or collect another $4 billion in corporate welfare from our taxpayers,” says Obama. This is a promise he made his first election but failed to do.