Debt In America | Teen Ink

Debt In America

By Ryan Wood BRONZE, Averill Park, New York
Ryan Wood BRONZE, Averill Park, New York

The topic I chose was America's debt. We are trillions of dollars in debt. Also we just passed our 16 trillion dollar mark. In addition we gain more debt every second. Our great president Thomas Jefferson warned us about this debt. He said if we borrow more than we can return we will fall into debt. I think we should cut down on spending on things we do not need. Lastly, if we all work together and cut down on spending on things we do not need. Lastly, if we all work together and cut down on spending if we do not have the money.

I know lots of people are going to say we need these things. Also they will say that everyone is always going to have debt. Lastly people will say that we are too much in debt to come out of the hole we dug ourselves into.

I know there is a huge hole to dig ourselves out of but if we all work together as a country we can achieve this goal. We might not pay off all of our debt but if we can start going in the other direction we will turn this country around. There might be a huge hole to get out of but if we start going in the other direction it will help America greatly. This affects me personally because higher taxes means my family has to pay more money. Also budget cuts at my school for both education and sports. Lastly we can help america if we all contribute.

There is a big problem with debt in America that will only get worse if we don't do something about it as a country. We need to not spend if we do not have the money. Lastly we need to get America back on track.