A New Year, A New Beginning | Teen Ink

A New Year, A New Beginning

January 3, 2013
By kaceykat SILVER, McGuire AFB, New Jersey
kaceykat SILVER, McGuire AFB, New Jersey
5 articles 5 photos 9 comments

2012 was a sad year for many people. Some of the most recent are the victims, families, and community of Newtown, where a man went into an elementary school and shot 26 people, 20 children and 6 teachers, and then himself. After a few days, they used the attention they were getting from the media to raise awareness on stricter gun control and mental facilities so that something like this could be prevented from happening somewhere else. My Language Arts teacher had all of her students make cards for the community of Newtown, and sent them out. I was glad to be able to send a card out. There was one statement that I made up that my friends liked.
" Angels come to Earth from Heaven, and at some point they have to go back."

I learned that the world isn't a perfect place full of peace and love... But, it's also not a place of human suffering filled with hatred and death, it's a place somewhere in between... It is a place with love and peace, but there is always a raging battle whether it's within yourself or worldwide, there is always some hatred or suffering somewhere. If you want something, you have to work for it, and things won't go your way every time.

Don't think of death as the end of life, think of it as the end of a day where you go home and stay a while.

I hope that this year is a better not just for America, but for the world.