Forgiveness

As most people kno w by now, America suffered a tragedy, December 14, 2012. We lost 20 little kids and we lost six adults. But something I want everyone to remember in this dark hour, is we lost seven adults. We lost Adam Lanza as well.

Lanza committed a horrible, horrible crime. I understand this. I’ve read too many obituaries for these victims to disagree with that. But, Lanza’s family still lost a son, a brother, a grandson. They are struggling, like us all, to understand this. Not only that, but they are now struggling to cope with guilt they may feel, for his actions.

Lanza was twenty. He was in the prime of his life. He had many years in his future. Yes, he took these peoples lives, and his own. But a life, is a life. America lost a citizen, his family lost a member of there home, and God lost one of his children. His loss is felt deeply within his family, perhaps even as deep as the children’s parents feel their loss.

I’m not defending him. I’m simply saying, this man needs forgiveness. Even some of the parents of the lost children have expressed sympathy for this family. If they can forgive, then we need to. They are the ones he wronged, and if they forgive him, then it is our duty to stand by them, and forgive him as well.

ShepherdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:48 pm:
I've never really thought about it this way. I like your point.

MarieAntoinette2012 replied...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:51 pm :
Thank you.