Kony 2012: Evil Propaganda | Teen Ink

Kony 2012: Evil Propaganda

By AirsoftFreak95 SILVER, Spokane, Washington
AirsoftFreak95 SILVER, Spokane, Washington

Only the dead have seen the end of war -- Plato

And when he gets to Heaven - to St. Peter he will tell...
One more soldier reporting, sir - I served my time in hell -- Unknown

Flying through hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy! -- Han Solo

Joseph Kony is the next "terrorist boogeyman" in America's cross-hairs, but he really isn't the reason why the nation wants to send troops to Uganda. The Kony 2012 activist movement is just an over exaggerated excuse to imperialize Central Africa for its immense oil reserves, not for saving African children as it claims in its propaganda films. There are thousands of warlords running around the continent of Africa, so having the thought that killing one would solve anything is highly illogical; the U.S. just wants a scapegoat when they ravage through Uganda like a plague. Kony 2012 is a movement that America should refute, because it is pro-war propaganda, we need to be careful with foreign affairs, and the producers stink of corruption.

This so called activist movement spews cloaked lies through social media in an attempt to gather a larger crowd. They associate Joseph Kony with Bin-Laden and Adolf Hitler in their posters, films, etcetera. By doing so, the promote war. They also go on to say that having U.S. troops enter Uganda would be a "victory for the people" to brainwash young adults into thinking the invasion would be justifiable. In Nazi Germany, lead propaganda producer Joseph Goebbels produced his brain-washers in a similar manner. He made Nazi forces look like heroes when they scorched through Poland, to make the invasion look like a just cause. That very invasion kicked off the bloodiest conflict in history... World War II. The U.S. does not need to get involved in another war, for we've been in and out of conflicts throughout history, and all they do is kill our economy.

The Kony campaign calls for a swift and immediate action toward the Ugandan militia, but in all reality, the U.S. needs to be more careful with responding to foreign affairs. An example to you all would be the Black Hawk Down Incident. In 1993 Mogadishu, Somalia, a warlord by the name of Mohamed Aidid committed atrocities toward the starving population by cutting off and seizing UN food supply shipments. The U.S. got involved, even though we had nothing to do with the situation, and we got SLAUGHTERED. Almost half of the force deployed to the scene got killed, two Black Hawk helicopters were shot down, and one of the pilots was taken hostage for more than half a decade. If we get involved with this Kony thing, this is more than likely to happen again. The U.S. does not need to be repeating history.

The Invisible Children Foundation, the slime-balls that produced this Kony nonsense, is a corrupt and swindling organization. They have been making millions of dollars off of these lies through charity, and they pocket 69% of their donations while they only give 31% to Uganda.(atlanteanconspiracy.com)They disguise themselves as activists, but they go around gathering money for war. The "charity" donations are ultimately for the build up of military power for an invasion. Kony 2012 and Invisible Children claim that they will eradicate child-soldiers, but by making this kind of propaganda available to the youth of America, are they trying to create a new breed of child-soldier? The Kony campaign produced another piece of brain washing material: an photo of American teens who follow the cause, lined like Nazi soldiers, clad in army green shirts with M16 assault rifles printed on the front, along with a caption saying "we will fight war!" The Invisible Children, the ones responsible for this Kony 2012 propaganda, should be dismissed by the public, because they just churn out this garbage for money and power.

Kony 2012 is a cause for no good. They say it is just an activist movement, they say it is only for saving African children from an "evil dictator," but the people of America don't realize that this is all FAKE! We would be the evil tyrants, if we put this plan into action. Wake up America! We do not need to enter another bloody conflict, and we do not need to lose American lives over a problem that has nothing to do with us! DO NOT SUPPORT KONY 2012! DO NOT MAKE THIS MAN "FAMOUS!"

The population of America blindly follow the government, like how sheep follow their Sheppard. Those people are known as "sheeple." The Kony 2012 movement has captivated the minds of millions of sheeple when their propaganda film was first released. None of them know that it is all a government effort to declare war on a third world nation for oil. Kony 2012 in a way mirrors Nazi propaganda, for it is all being used to make an invasion look just.