War in Afghanistan | Teen Ink

War in Afghanistan

October 22, 2012
By Chris Hughs BRONZE, Averill Park, New York
Chris Hughs BRONZE, Averill Park, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

For eleven years now, the United States has been at war with Afghanistan. Three months after 9-11 occurred, the United States has been fighting the longest war in the history in the US. We have completed our main task their, and now its time to go.
On September 11, 2001. Al-Qaeda planned a terrorist attack on the United States. On the morning of September 11, 2001, four planes were hijacked by Al-Qaeda members, and suddenly the planes were going towards New York City, Washington DC, and Pennsylvania. Before anybody knew it, two planes crashed into the Twin Towers, one into the Pentagon, and one crashed into a field in Pennsylvania. With the whole US stunned, armed forces acted quickly and were searching for Al-Qaeda’s leader, Osama Bin Laden. Within three months ground forces were searching caves in Afghanistan for him. On May 2, 2011, Navy Seals raided Bin Laden’s compound in Afghanistan killing him. Now with our mission accomplished, it is time for our troops to come home. US President, Barack Obama says he is going to bring US troops home in 2014, but now is the time.
With the war in Afghanistan also being one of the most deadly war in the history of the US, over 2000 US troops have been killed in the line of duty. That means, over 2000 families are without their loved ones. With Barack Obama saying in 2014 is when US troops are coming home, are mission has been complete and its time for them to come home.
After eleven years of war in Afghanistan . With over 2000 US troops killed in the line of duty, now is the time. Barack Obama is saying he is going to bring troops home in 2014, but it is time for the US to give back for all the time and work they have done to keep us safe. While major budget cuts are happening everywhere in the US, families whose loved ones are fighting for us, are struggling to make ends meet. So it is time for our United States troops to come home.
After eleven years of fighting in Afghanistan, and over 2000 US troops killed in the line of duty. Fighting to keep the United States safe, now is the time to bring the troops home, not in 2014, but in 2012.


The author's comments:
My dad served in the Navy for 32 years, and its time to bring home our troops.