Who Do We Stand With? Freedom or Radical Islam?

Which country would you side with if you were President of the United States? A country with democracy, whose women have equal rights to its men, where homosexuals are accepted, where all religions are admitted, or a country which has none of these things? A country that kills and imprisons women for simply walking down the street without a man, that stones adulterers and homosexuals, and kills people for worshipping the “wrong” god. Well, believe it or not, Barack Obama is standing with the latter country, or rather, countries. Israel is being abandoned by the administration, and the president has decided to throw his support behind rest of the Middle East. Does that make sense? Why are we standing with the countries that directly oppose our values, and against the only country in that region that believes in freedom and democracy? Israel may not be perfect, but neither is the United States. They, and we, stand for freedom. That needs to be our perpetual message: America stands with anybody who strives for or protects freedom. America should not be trying to be on “the right side of history” (President Obama’s constant refrain), or in other words the side of the winner. Freedom will not win every time, but the United States should always stand with freedom.