Time for a New America | Teen Ink

Time for a New America

By James Morrissey BRONZE, Princetion, New Jersey
James Morrissey BRONZE, Princetion, New Jersey

"I promise to cut taxes and make everything better”- said both candidates for the 2012 presidential election. What’s happened to America? What have we become? Whoever gets elected will do the same thing, or maybe even nothing. The predencity is about money, and being in control of everyone. Thats the job of cell phone trackers,to know who you are. In my opinion, why have an election? That’s all the same, isn’t it? Both Obama and Romney are trying to make the election about each other. I know that because I red it in a Upfront magazine, but then again, why believe what we see and hear?

We are becoming a country where Samuel Adams would now likely be called a terrorist. Do you care to know what he did? Sam Adams Helped America become a FREE COUNTRY. It truly is a shame to see what we are becoming. Our government is corrupted with money. It’s hard to trust what we see and hear on the television and in the newspaper. In today’s world, it would probably be extremely difficult for Sam Adams to communicate his message with others.

When the presidential election comes again, in November, who will be the better choice? Obama or Romney? More likely, Ron Paul, Liberty’s last chance. He likely would alone would fight to repeal laws like the Patriot Act and the National Defense Authorization Act. Before I get to far on Ron Paul, do you know who Ron Paul is if you have even heard of him? He is also a “candidate” in the election. Paul doesn’t have Millionaires saying I’ll give you X amount of money if you protect me.

I don’t know about you, but I prefer not to be spied on. That’s what the government is doing now. They are using Skype chats and such and they are seeing what we are saying. Have you heard of a thing called the Bill of Rights? The first amendment is none other than freedom of speech. Do we really have it? Personally, I don’t think so. The facts are there. On a television show called Morning Joe, even said the government is using Skype chats and data is becoming more available to the government, so, they are spying on us. For a T.V. show that probably works for the government, that’s how bad our government is.

That’s what America is today unfortunately. Money, Political influence, and control.

Zachrry said...
And I quote: Wow, the 2014 presidential election? Getting ready kind of early, aren’t you? I agree with (X)  and say that I would regret it if I voted for Obama, seeing as there wouldn’t be much of country left by the end of his second term (now is that 2016, or 2018?).   Hmmm. Who's picking at things that have zero basis in reality?

Caesar123 DIAMOND, Union Grove, Wisconsin

"Madness in great ones must not unwatched go" --Claudius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet

It’s sad when you see people like this jumping at shadows and griping at problems that don’t exist. I mean saying that you don’t have the right to freedom of speech, just because the government can see what you’re saying? Give me a break.