Vote for President Barack Obama! | Teen Ink

Vote for President Barack Obama!

September 21, 2012
By Crystal Bealing BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
Crystal Bealing BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Who are you voting for in this upcoming election? Have you really thought about it? 47% of Americans are likely to re-elect President Obama into office. So far, he is the most compassionate President thus far. There are many reasons as to why you should vote for President Obama. For reasons such as, he supports education, peace, and government assistance programs/ health care.

The main reason you should vote for Barack Obama is because how serious he is about helping out the middle-class American people. Like government assistance programs/ health care. He wants to bring hope and healing to the hurting. Obama's health care plan has allowed uninsured Americans to reap the benefits of a universal health care system. "A suffering child should never be turned away because his or her mother or father does not have health insurance." To deny medical assistance to people who DESPERATELY needs it is insane and barbaric. Also, with him trying to keep the government assistance programs like food stamps, welfare, government housing, section 8 and those types of programs have really benefited those who need it. Without these programs, the homelessness, and malnutrition rates will only increase and the need for jobs will also rise. Mitt Romney is trying to take these options away from us. He is basically stating that these programs are luxuries to the lower-class people and we enjoy being on assistance programs. Another way that Barack Obama is trying to fix the previous eight years of destruction ex-President George W. Bush created, is with supporting world peace.

Let us not forget all the wonderful things President Obama has accomplished. Like, when he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009. This is one of many accomplishments any man or woman could ever hope for in a lifetime! His extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people. He successfully ended the war in Iraq and is close to finally putting an end to the conflicts in Afghanistan and finally bring our troops home, for good. Demonstrations of equality and integrity have done wonders for race relations. America has never been more unified as a people than it has been under the direct leadership of Barack Obama. Finally, the racial lines that have divided blacks and whites for decades, even centuries, seem to be narrowing.

Obama has always been an advocate for education, making it a top priority during his administration. He has set a goal for the U.S. to have the highest proportion of college graduates in the world by 2020. He has increased federal funding and doubled the amount of grant money allocated to students seeking a higher education to cover rising tuition costs. During his presidency, Obama also passed the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African-Americans and Hispanics. He did this to ensure equal education for people of color.

There are many reasons to vote for Obama. These reasons include, him supporting education, world peace, and government assistance programs/ health care for us all. If Mitt Romney wins this presidency, America will never be the same and will eventually perish. Americans will not have an equal opportunity of surviving or, of getting an education. He is all for upper-class citizens and thinks that the lower-class does not deserve to be equal. He would definitely be the wrong candidate to choose. Obama wants to better America, as one! I believe history will prove that Barack Obama is one of the greatest presidents America has ever seen and with time, he will be remembered in the annals of history as a revered revolutionary. If these reasons aren't enough to convince you to re-elect Barack Obama in November, here's one more: he's not Mitt Romney!