Anti Chick-Fil-A

Recently, every social network, newspaper, news channel, and even billboards have been broadcasting their opinion about the recent controversy over the President of the family owned don't Chick-Fil-A opposing gay marriage. Their argument is that they support the traditional marriage from the Bible. If they had read closer, they would have realized that God supports all marriages that involve true love, which would be the only thing strong enough for most gay people to come out of the closet in the first place! Chick-Fil-A has supported groups that are trying to defeat gay marriage since 2011, and probably even before. If they are so christian, why don't they donate food to other causes like food banks, or help out at hospitals like God asks of us? Their cruelty to other humans, in my opinion is unfair. As being a daughter of a lesbian couple, I know the love and courage it takes to be gay in this society, and for people to line up at Chick-Fil-A's for hours to show their support of anti- gay marriage, is just a slap in the face to people world wide. I personally think this whole ordeal has been handled poorly by both sides. Although I strongly support gay marriage, I did not agree with how the Gay Community retaliated. I do believe that this presidential election will have deal mainly with this issue and that this is just the beginning of people fighting for gay rights. Hopefully one day, there will be equal rights among all humans. If we stopped slavery and segregation, why not this?

iluvrockandroll2This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:39 am:
Its obviously in the bible, and if you honestly think for a second that God could be biased to marriage between a man and a woman, then you're wrong. He Doesn't care in the least, because love knows no gender

AL914 said...
You say the Bible practically endorses many kinds of marriage on the basis of love. Where do you find this in the Bible? I'm just looking for the proof you found.

AriShine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really love your position on this. I agree with you. Nice!