Trayvon Martin Case | Teen Ink

Trayvon Martin Case

June 6, 2012
By Anonymous

Ever been accused of manslaughter or been called a racist? Well George Zimmerman has, in the Trayvon Martin case. Many people do believe that George Zimmerman is a racist and a murderer. Opinions and facts are all a big part of this case. Obviously George Zimmerman did kill Trayvon Martin, but he still has pleaded not guilty.

George Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty towards the Trayvon Martin case. Zimmerman is the neighborhood watch volunteer. Zimmerman said that he shot Trayvon in self-defense. The state of Florida has a law stating “stand your ground”. Zimmerman was the only witness of the death of Martin. The Florida law is if anyone use a deadly weapon of any sort, they have the right of defending themselves if in or outside their home. Zimmerman uses this as the defense of his plea, but there isn’t enough evidence to prove that Zimmerman shot Trayvon. If Zimmerman said he shot Trayvon in self-defense then he did end up killing Trayvon, but what police don’t know is if it was in self-defense or not.

Florida’s law about “stand your ground”, was created in 2005. It was the first state to pass this law. The law states that if you feel you're in danger at all, you have the right to defend yourself. George Zimmerman answered a interviewer's question by saying “ What I saw was disgusting”.This proves that Zimmerman however was a witness. No further evidence was proven to put George Zimmerman behind bars.

George Zimmerman had killed Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman might be making up his self-defense nonsense up. If it wasn’t for Florida’s law, Zimmerman would be in jail right now. Eventually George Zimmerman will be behind bars.