Government cuts in the recession | Teen Ink

Government cuts in the recession

By teacuppoetry GOLD, Lancashire, Other
teacuppoetry GOLD, Lancashire, Other

The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes- Sherlock Holmes

The Government have decided to try and save money in this recession that they will make some cuts to businesses (e.g. NHS, losing people’s jobs).

One of the most outrageous cuts they have made is too the NHS, or the NHS reforms as they call it. They like to make it sound nice just to fool us in to thinking it is beneficial but in actual fact everybody knows it isn’t. We need the NHS, people’s health are at risk by this cut. It is fine for them though as they can get all the help they like unlike us. The Health Secretary, Andrew Lansley even got screamed at by an old woman in the street about what they are doing and I agree with her.

I can’t even fathom how stupid these cuts are, especially as they are in the recession where people already don’t have a lot of money. If they keep rising prices and making a lot more people redundant, the consequences could be dyer. I really do believe that if they carry on, we could be in even more mess than we already are.

Being a member of the EU isn’t helping either. In fact that’s why we are in so much in debt because there are so many countries that we are putting money in to too help them out that not enough money is coming back out. We always have to solve other people’s problems with our money and now look where we are.

In this day and age, money is everything, money buys us food, water, it pays the bills and keeps us with a roof over our heads, so we do need it. Ever since David Cameron came to power he has made our country a total mockery. We have been dragged down by him and he needs to wake up and actually go and ask the public what they think because at the end of the day, we have a voice and it needs to be heard.

I wrote this because I am angered by the British Government

on Mar. 30 2012 at 12:02 pm
dragonfly95 SILVER, Argaon, Georgia

'' there is nothing to fear but fear its self''

this is so true...i very much agree, we need to stop all the spending that doesnt bring money back in, please check out my work if you want.