Youth World Day | Teen Ink

Youth World Day

By fati25po BRONZE, Salta, Other
fati25po BRONZE, Salta, Other

In August last year I travel with a catholic group to Europe. We went to the Youth World Day in Madrid, a meeting to teens and young adults from all over the world to meet the Pope and other kids from all over the world.
It's an amazing experience!. You get to know teens your same age with your same interests. But this experience was not as cheerfully as i thought. The students that were in La Puerta del Sol a few days before the Y.W.D. tray to make our time in Madrid as hard as they could, we and the priests that went with us were the focus of aggression.
I found out later when i was back in Argentina that one group got his things set on fire and that other group got all their computer stolen. In the school that I was staying the owners broke the showers, so we had to shower in the garden. One day we sow that in the night someone has written in the wall "our religious truism we pay it"
A lot of people didn't want us there, they thought that they were paying us everything that we were doing there.
At the end of the day the Y.W.D left almost 3 million euros.
And it was the best week of my life