Aliens and the Christian

People have believed Aliens have existed for thousands of years. Scientists believe the Pyramids were built by aliens as landing site for their ships, Scientists also say that Egyptian Hieroglyphics depict UFOs on pottery and stones found in Mexico. According to Mayan legend their knowledge was given them by “gods that came from the stars”.
People believe the Bermuda Triangle is an alien hot spot, a place where aliens abduct those sailing or flying through it.
[E.g. Amelia Earhart.]

About two weeks ago at a party with some Christian friends we all got to talking about aliens and if there was any chance of their validity, two of our group believed there could possible be some kind of alien life on another planet, while myself and another of my friends didn’t believe there was.

There is no true evidence of alien life; it is all speculation and conclusions drawn from man’s own wisdom.
Life isn’t an X-Files episode; the government is not hiding an alien body or a crashed alien spacecraft.
As can be easily read anywhere on the internet, in a magazine or a Scientist Journal, any “evidence” of alien life has been refuted, and the “evidence” explained in simple, logical and scientific means.

As a Christian, any possibility of alien life is impossible to me, I will use the Bible as my evidence.
The Bible states that Christ was sent to the earth by God to be a living sacrifice for the salvation of His elect.
Jesus was sent to die on the cross for His people, now, if there where in fact, aliens on another planet, did God send Jesus to die for them too? Did they get the same chance at Salvation that we here on earth got? Or did they not need it, do they even have sin?
Now, if any of these were true, it would immediately make Christ’s sacrifice on the cross useless, to make Christ die twice for the sins of His elect makes His death on the cross worthless.

Now, for the sake of not wanting to start an argument I will end here, and leave the rest for other’s to talk about.
But for me, as a Christian, aliens are an absurdity made up by man’s wild imagination and their own need to believe we “aren’t alone.” I would think that man would like to be the only sentient life in the universe; we are unique and wonderfully made.
What are your thoughts on it? If you believe in aliens, can you honestly, factually, and logically prove to me they are, in face, real?

Bekah.rainbow_dash said...
Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:45 pm:

Great article, Skyye! I agree with it. I'm a Christian too, and I had been wondering about the whole "aliens" thing. Keep writing! =)

(By the way, the reason this comment is so randomly late, is because we're in the Percy Jackson rp together, and I was looking at your profile, and this title caught my eye. =D )

SkyyeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:46 pm :
Bekah! Hi! Yes, the subject of aliens to me is quite a clear subject, though to others it isn't. I appreciate your comment, late or not!! :-)

NighttimeVesper said...
Feb. 23, 2012 at 1:04 pm:
You make perfect sense in my opinion. :) Keep writing about stuff like this. You've got a good head on your shoulders.

Queen_Via_of_the_Woodland_ElvesXD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 28, 2012 at 2:51 pm :
Let me put it this way: The universe is large beyond reckoning. Each star in the sky at night is like our own Sun, complete with planets rotating around it. There are over a billion known and named stars- more than there are people on earth. If you can prove to me that every single one of the billions of planets in space are empty, i will listen. There is  no evidence that aliens exist.  There is no evidence that they don't. Arguing over things so far away taht we could never actually ... (more »)

SkyyeTrekkThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 28, 2012 at 3:24 pm :
Almost true Via, I have no tangible evidence that you will belive to prove aliens don't exist. I wish to point out, I do belive there can be, say, a bug, or a plant, on another planet. But I do not belive there is any kind of sentiant life on another planet, because of the reason I gave. According to the Bible and my Faith, there are no such things as aliens.

Feb. 28, 2012 at 3:25 pm :
And thank you Night, I appreciate it :-)