Scott Walker Knows What He is Doing | Teen Ink

Scott Walker Knows What He is Doing

By leah.sandefur BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
leah.sandefur BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

With only one year in office as Wisconsin’s State Governor, Scott Walker may possibly be recalled due to protest. There have only been 20 recorded recall elections in the history of the United States, and Wisconsin will go down as one of the largest efforts to get rid of a legislature.
Wisconsin is about to spend over a million dollars to have another election for a person who was elected into office by majority. Scott Walker has been trying to turn Wisconsin into a more prosperous state and has been proposing new laws that workers in the Union must pay a small part of their health care and pensions. He only tried to reduce taxes for the common worker, which in my opinion would help some families.
In my opinion, those who are workers of the Union have gotten by with not paying for health care and getting a nice retirement for a long time. For the Union workers to only have to pay a small percentage of their income to pay for only part of their health care and pensions is not terrible. For everyone who is not a union member, they have been paying for every little bit of health care that their insurance does not cover, and they also pay taxes that pay for the union workers.
Scott Walker is doing the right thing for Wisconsin. He knows what the reality is and what would help the common worker. He should not be taken out of office when he hasn’t even had the chance to prove himself. It is a waste of time and money for the state of Wisconsin.

wi234 said...
wi234, Boston, Massachusetts
I could not dissargree more with your artical. Scott walker has tryed to portray himself as a man struggleing to break the yoak of union oppressson but in reality he is mearly trying to bust the unions:the last decence of the working class aganst the onslaught of the rich. Walker is doing this to serve his corporate masters and the rich as usual. the people of wisconson desereve better.