Congress, hear our cry! | Teen Ink

Congress, hear our cry!

By mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio
mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio

Illigitimi non carborundum!

Alea Iacta est!

Congress! Hear our cry, hear our pain, and hear what you are doing! This is the time and age that the very word Democracy has been used as a symbol and a goal, a goal for other nations in their struggle for freedom! We are the very thought of Democracy and it has been us, the United States of America, who succeeded from our Tyrant forefathers to bring forth this nation in this time and age! We were censored, we were taxed, and we were taken from our homes and away from our families! Where does this toll in the bell of our run of Democracy?

I know that I am a teenager, one of a few million, but there are many who agree with me, this act, the very thought of censorship is disgusting! How can you call yourselves Americans when you sit there, about to sign the censorship item when it is our very enemies who censor their media? How can you even consider yourself a figment in the item of Democracy when you sit there, signing that bloody document?! Have you ever thought of what you are saying to other countries that look up at us? You are saying that we, America, the Goddess of Democracy, is a fraud!

Congress, hear our cry! No more censorship! No more intolerable acts against the people, against us, AGAINST AMERICA!!!