Obama's education plan | Teen Ink

Obama's education plan

December 3, 2011
By Anonymous

Have you ever wondered if president Obama's year round school initiative would lower education in the U.S? If schools eliminated summer vacation and had longer school days there would be an accumulation in student dropout rates and American citizens struggling in todays economy. Not only that, but there would also be a decrease in family value, religous beleifs, and socialization outside of school.

Although some would argue that this initiative would increase test scores and foster global competition, data has revealed minimal gains in test scores from participating schools. If test sores do not increase and student dropout rates do then president Obama could be responsible for lowering educaion in the U.S. Also the United States is already struggling economically, and since schools would need more money for longer school, that would mean higher taxes and more American citizens in debt or out of a job.

Further more, others would argue that teacher burn-out would decrease with this initiative, however such premises would only devalue religious beleifs and time with family along with eliminating socialization outside of school. If students are always in school and never at home then they wont get the opportunity to become close with their family members. Also longer school days would interfere with religious beleifs, because students will not have enough time to study their religion. Plus socialization outside of school would be eliminated. If students stayed in school most of the time then they would never get a chance to meet new people outside of school.

In conclusion president Obama should not enforce his education initiative. If his initiative is passed then students would never get to experience what all life has to offer.