Just remember... One Decision Can Change Your Entire Life

He wanted to be a pilot and ride airplanes as soon as he graduated high school. He wanted to find the girl for him, get married, and have a family. That all changed when he took that .45 caliber pistol and murdered his parents that autumn night. He checked out of school that morning, and I knew he wasn't in key with his right mind. All of his friends including myself said "Hey Drew!" in the hallway in our voices of excitement and all he did was walk passed us. We didn't worry about it. We thought "Oh, he might just be tired.". Yeah... Tired of parental control. Some say he was on drugs. Yeah... Possibly. Some say his heart is black. No... Not at all! You can ask anyone that talked to Drew ever in their lifetime and they would say "Drew is the definition of peacemaker.". Why he did this? I have no idea. Would I ask him if I could? Yes. Would I get the true answer? I have no clue. Does anyone know what truly happen to him that Tuesday? No, probably not. Me being his friend I still care about him and love him just as much as I did before this event occurred in our small little town. And I think that's what a true friend is suppose to think and do.

Rest In Peace Ronnie and Barbara Thacker. Ya'll are already missed.

IntrepidRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is sad.  It's well presented though.

daughterofeve14 replied...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:00 am :
Thanks. Drew was my best friend. He means a lot to me. And I just pray for him everyday, and I remember him for who he is and not what he's done.