Freedom

Freedom. A meaningless word. A word thrown around by adults many times a day. A word, politics seem to have forgotten. We are no longer free men and women.

Free men and women are able to coexist with out as many sexist views as we have today. Free men and women would be able to marry whom they wish, not be told no by the law.

Yes, we have ‘Freedom of Speech’ and ‘Freedom’ of our own opinions. But what is the use of that so-called freedom if no is going to hear us? No matter how good or thought out our idea’s are? And if we are young? Yes, we are under the age of 18. That does not mean we don’t have good ideas. Freedom should still be that free speech AND being able to be heard. Not the word thrown around.

America separated from England for a reason, and it was to be a free place and be independent. Home of the free. Some two hundred years later, it doesn't seem that we are following the ways of our Founding Fathers.

IntrepidRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Freedom. Let's all walk a path that takes the whole world there.

Nice piece.

SamiStarkid2276This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you.