On The Threat to the Keystone of America’s Freedom | Teen Ink

On The Threat to the Keystone of America’s Freedom

By writingsoftherevolution BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
writingsoftherevolution BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado

"Freedom of Speech Means All Speech, Not Just What the Authorities Have Endorsed"

On September 17, 1787, the representatives of the greatest nation in the history of man signed a legendary document defining the standard upon which civilizations are compared. This document, known simply as The Constitution of the United States of America defined how the government is supposed to serve the people. It told the elected what the limits on their citizen-granted power were, and what was expected of them. To make abundantly clear the rights of the citizen, the representatives wrote the Bill of Rights. However, this most sacred and desperately needed part of the Constitution is now being eroded away by the heathens who believe themselves the masters of free men. This festering cut that threatens the greatest nation in history must be combated with the upmost efficiency.

It is abundantly clear to even the slowest of children, that beautiful things must have solidarity in their foundations. After all, the theses of Martin Luther were nailed to a sturdy church door, the paintings of Van Gogh are mounted to a wall, and Washington crossed the Delaware with boats and an army. In the US Constitution, there are many beautifully revolutionary ideals such as the right to free speech, the right to legal counsel, and the right to a speedy trail. But among these rights, written second only to the rights to free religion and speech, is the defender of the other nine. This is, of course, the Second Amendment: the right to bear arms. Naturally, the ingrown insurgents and the flower field patriots cower at the mention of this; to them, this most fundamental right is to be ignored and attacked. But all citizens must use their brains. Where, after all, is the escape clause of the Constitution? Where is the warning to the great bureaucracy, the stern threat of discipline? Freedom is defended only by the tireless vigilance of the citizenry, best of all, a citizenry that may resist tyranny in the most final and clear way.

In addition to giving the government their daily dose of the reality on their graciously given jobs, the Second Amendment empowers the law abiding citizen with their ability to enjoy their other birthrights. After all, a gay, colored, or otherwise prey group may have their lives, property, and dignity stolen away after the homegrown agents of sabotage strip them of their ability to defend their way of life. But it has nearly never happened that an armed man or woman is threatened. A gay man with a rifle is never beaten, just as a Jewish woman carrying a pistol is never raped, just as how Fort Knox is not beset by robbers. And when these law abiding citizens are threatened, it is their further right, and even duty to defend themselves with all appropriate force, whether the aggressor be an insolent criminal or a corrupt government.

But of course, there are those loud voices of insurrection who would strip Americans of the keystone of their rights. These verbal terrorists would love to see the Constitution stripped of its sturdy bodyguard and foundation, and to have, as it were, a citizenry incapable of enforcing their own fundamental rights. Who then ensures freedom is not toppled by tyranny; the government? It is they that must be controlled.

It is not to say, however, that the criminal bane of this or any other nation should have these rights applied to them, quite the contrary, the law abiding citizenry must be armed with weapons of legitimate defense so that they may be able to sustain themselves, their families, and their dignity against threats from criminals wielding ill gotten wares.

There was a case, in the not so recent past, where one politician managed to get an entire nation’s citizenry disarmed, claiming it would make the nation greater and safer. That politician’s name was Adolph Hitler. America simply cannot make the same mistake. May the incessant shield that is America’s citizenry never falter at defending their freedom. May they never allow any form of government to intrude upon their right to live in confidence and security, and may they always remain free.

Simply my belief.
Originally written for an English project.

MidnightWriter SILVER, Ontario, Other

Writers are a less dangerous version of the career criminal. Everywhere they go, they see the potential for the perfect crime. The difference is that writers have better self control.

"The greatest nation in the history of man?"

Kid, you need a reality check.

I don't want to bash your country, but . . .

Just because people disarm, doesn't mean another Hitler is coming.

You need a major reality check.

Do some reading from a variety of sources. Guns won't save the world. Try to see things from every point of view.