Occupy Wall Street | Teen Ink

Occupy Wall Street

October 8, 2011
By Anonymous

Can you remember the wild hippies of the sixties?? Their marches and their sexuality and their drug use? I’m too young, and if you’re reading this, then you probably would be too. They were our age at the time, though. Young and free, the same way we all strive to be. They weren’t quite sure what they were rebelling against, which stopped them from accomplishing anything except a fashion trend and a new way of thinking. Some say that new wave of thinking changed everything, and if only adults could have been part of this movement, it would have had a more lasting impact. Of course, they couldn’t have. It was sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and we all known rebellion from society is by nature for the young, the teenagers who have a million bursting ideas running through their brains.
There is a new wave of thinking going on right know. It is not only for teenagers, because everyone can safely believe in it. This movement has showed that police aren’t always right, that the media censors things it doesn’t trust us with, and corporate greed needs to end.
It’s called Occupy Wall Street, and I believe in it. I think you should too. Go check it out.


The author's comments:
My thoughts on Occupy Wall Street.