Why Are We Still At War?

I am against the war in Afghanistan. The war in Afghanistan is by far the longest war in U.S. history. It first started on October 7, 2001, and it is still going on today. I am against the Afghanistan war because we our risking the military peoples’ lives just to be able to turn Afghanistan into a democracy. It is wrong for people to support the Afghanistan war because the government is using our money just to support Afghanistan’s attempt at democracy. The only good reason for supporting the war in Afghanistan is that it helps provide against terrorist attacks in the U.S. because we can find out the plans of terrorist attacks and stop them. For example, the United States Navy Seal Team Six killed the Taliban leader and the United States has even teamed up with the United Kingdom to assist locating terrorists, but how many lives will be taken in return? When all of the Taliban is removed from power, it will still be the United States’ funds to help create a viable democratic state. In my honest opinion, we should take our troops out of Afghanistan and use the money from the war to create more jobs in the U.S. All in all, I am against the war in Afghanistan.

The_Wilde_Rose said...
I am totally agreeing with the comment Ian_M did. It is exactly what I would of written. I have to admit, I think it is funny how some Americans act like we drag kids from their homes then throw them in the army without caring about the. The people in the army sign up, because this is what they want. Also, they get amazing benefits!

Ian_M said...

You're wrong about Afghanistan being the longest war. That, my good man, was the Cold War with Russia. Lasted at least 30 years. And sometimes (RARELY) wars can be good. World War Two had motivated USA's economy to become a world superpower. And those soldiers know what they are getting into. It's a volunteer army, not a drafted army.

~Signature!~