Why Are We Still At War? | Teen Ink

Why Are We Still At War?

October 14, 2011
By Dylan124 BRONZE, Cherry Creek, New York
Dylan124 BRONZE, Cherry Creek, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I am against the war in Afghanistan. The war in Afghanistan is by far the longest war in U.S. history. It first started on October 7, 2001, and it is still going on today. I am against the Afghanistan war because we our risking the military peoples’ lives just to be able to turn Afghanistan into a democracy. It is wrong for people to support the Afghanistan war because the government is using our money just to support Afghanistan’s attempt at democracy. The only good reason for supporting the war in Afghanistan is that it helps provide against terrorist attacks in the U.S. because we can find out the plans of terrorist attacks and stop them. For example, the United States Navy Seal Team Six killed the Taliban leader and the United States has even teamed up with the United Kingdom to assist locating terrorists, but how many lives will be taken in return? When all of the Taliban is removed from power, it will still be the United States’ funds to help create a viable democratic state. In my honest opinion, we should take our troops out of Afghanistan and use the money from the war to create more jobs in the U.S. All in all, I am against the war in Afghanistan.