Cause and Effects of 9/11 | Teen Ink

Cause and Effects of 9/11

By ara479 BRONZE, Chicago Ridge, Illinois
ara479 BRONZE, Chicago Ridge, Illinois

Due to the tragic events on September 11th, 2001 I would say that we are more secure within our country. “Millions of people were affected by the September 11th terrorist’s attacks from physical and mental health problems to financial problems” (Farley) different types of injuries were done on this tragic event. Sep 11th was one tragic date for us. We will never forget about what happen that day. Because of that event many effects have came to us. The cause of this day has many effects such as deaths, war, and issues in society.

9/11 was a series of attacks towards the United States. The main person behind this attack was Osama Bin Laden. It took place in New York City as two planes attacked the World Trade Center. “Three airplanes were hijacked by terrorist to attack the two World Trade Centers in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington, DC” (9/11 effects in the USA). Over 3,000 were killed and injured because of the planes that crashed into the twin towers in New York. People weren’t even there were devastated. So many firefighters’ lives were taken trying to save other trapped workers that worked in the world trade center. Till this day they have the memorial of all who died there located in the same position were the towers fell.
“Numerous incidents of harassment and hate crimes against Muslims and South Asians were reported in the days following the 9/11 attacks” (Wikipedia) other Muslims that had nothing to do with any of the terrorism that happen on 9/11 started to be picked on by other Americans. People started blaming Muslims for everything, even though it wasn’t right at all. People who looked Muslim were also considering hatred upon because of the way they dressed. Anyone who had a turban or a anything like that was put down for what they believe in. “people perceived to be Middle Eastern were as likely to be victims of hate crimes as followers of Islam during this time” (Wikipedia)
“At 2:40 p.m. in the afternoon of September 11, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was issuing rapid orders to his aides to look for evidence of Iraqi involvement.” (Wikipedia) U.S. went to war with the Taliban on Oct. 7, 2001. U.S. started to bomb Al-Qaeda camps. Then later after the bombing, the U.S. started to invade Afghanistan and start to arrest the Taliban’s that had anything to do with fighting against us. “The Bush administration announced a War on Terror, with the stated goals of bringing bin Laden and al-Qaeda to justice and preventing the emergence of other terrorist networks” (Wikipedia)

“After the events of September 11, 2001, questions were raised regarding the effectiveness of security at the time, as all 19 hijackers managed to pass existing checkpoints and board the aircraft”(Wikipedia) after the attack security was enforced to the extreme on everything. Airports got more serious and started to crack down on anything that looked suspicious to them or anyone who might have looked like a Taliban. It’s unfair but it was opposed as a “random search”. Other security such as undercover police on airplanes dressed as normal people to protect everyone from getting hurt and trying to prevent terrorist from taking over a plane. “Some aircraft are equipped with CCTV cameras, so the pilots can monitor the cabin activity” (Wikipedia)

9/11 was one of the most terrifying days for America. But we didn’t give up. We fought back and we strived to get are victory back. We accomplished a lot in a decade. We’ve found Osama Bin Laden and killed him which was the main person who created the suicide terrorist plan to take over the planes and crash into the buildings. We will never forget what happen to America on that day. We will always fight back as a country and I believe we did a good job at fighting back and taking back our pride to be an American.