CyberBully | Teen Ink

CyberBully

By kyleenjoan BRONZE, Foxboro, Wisconsin
kyleenjoan BRONZE, Foxboro, Wisconsin

Have you ever noticed that cyberbullying happens on nearly every web page that you go on?
Kids have committed suicide,dropped out of school,and became depressed because people can post whatever they feel like it on the Internet, whether its anonymous or their name. People don't understand how it affects people's lives until they're in a situation like that. Facebook,Myspace,Form-spring,You-tube, and other social networking sites have made it impossible for kids just to enjoy talking to people,posting songs,pictures,videos and status updates, because people feel the need to pick on each other over every little thing. This is not what social networking was supposed to be about. I'm not sure if cyberbullying is yet illegal, but it should be! There would be less deaths, less dropouts, less depression among kids and teenagers.
I hope this makes everybody think about the outcomes of what cyberbullying can do to kids and teenagers.

I wrote this piece, because i was a victim of cyberbullying. Cyberbullying followed me everywhere i went. If i went on my facebook or youtube there would be people making fun of me in one way shape or form. It would even follow me in school, and people would begin to call me names to my face, follow me and tease me, and try to push me around.
I hope my article makes a difference in the view of cyberbullying.