The Gender Defender

By , Los Angeles, CA
The prolonged question that is on everybody's one time or another, is "is same sex marriage okay?". Well, everyone obviously has different opinions on this topic, or it wouldn't be this big issue. Let's take a look inside this complicated topic, shall we?

Ever since "Prop 8" hit the media, same sex marriage was-and is- a big ordeal. Some people say, "what's the big deal?" while others have a different outlook. Yes, we all have our own thoughts on this whether we'd like to admit it or not. My question is what drives people to have such different opinions, over such a simple subject?

I've been doing some research, and I found out religion is the number one cause of this big disagreement. People are arguing that God demanded man and woman to get married, not man and man or woman and woman. The second cause is because some -not all- people are homophobic. Some people even go to the extremeity of hurting or even killing gay/lesbians. Who ever would have thought that some fear would turn into something deadly?

My opinion personally is why can't you love a person of the same sex? It's wonderful to find love and experience that warm fuzziness inside you, that soothes all your worries, that special person to come home to, the one. Everyone wants to experience love one way or another, so if you find that in the same sex.. why not go for it? This one topic has caused thousands of people to die because they love the same sex, and I'm sure God didn't intend for that.I say, leave them alone, let them be happy. It's not your life, you don't have to be friends with them. No one's controlling you, so why control them?