And it was done... | Teen Ink

And it was done...

April 28, 2011
By hanbanann4501 GOLD, Wakeman, Ohio
hanbanann4501 GOLD, Wakeman, Ohio
16 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
laugh with friends, love with all of your heart and live life to the fullest. You never know when your first chance could be your last to make mistakes.


The nation is admist change, and this change will bring new and more inventive opinions. Todays lives depend on the technology and faster ways of doing something. Obama was elected president and got the Nobel Peace prize for being the first African American president. What did the man who invented post-its get? What did the inventor of Ice-Cream get? What did the founding fathers of Dartmeith college get? These things pertain to our lives so much and we don't even notice them. How is it that Obama can get acknowledged for his race by so many and recieve the highest award, and the people who invented or created things that we use in our average everyday lives recieve nothing?! This is ludacris, ridiculous, obsurd, and flat out annoying. How do we expect to grow as a nation when most elected Obama because of his race and not what he stands for. This is no longer the nation I would want my children to be proud of.


The author's comments:
I believe that all should be equal, it is hardly fair to be equal when most use their race as an excuse. I am colored and I am proud of the fact that I am, but yet I would not use my race to get me what I wanted.