Health Insurance | Teen Ink

Health Insurance

By Kiep Jordan BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
Kiep Jordan BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

Health care is a much disputed topic in this country today. The debate is to decide if the nation should have free health care for all people. It is important for everyone in the United States to be healthy. I believe this problem could be handled with basic free health care.

Health is a problem for a lot of people in the United States. A good amount of people in this country are in poverty or just can’t afford health care at this time. I think that we could have a basic national health care system for everyone in the United States. This would just need to be a basic system to take care of the necessities of sick people. This would not include any unnecessary things that people choose to have done to them. The richer people in the United States could still keep their personal health insurance if they choose to. All this would require is a little bit more taxing from the upper and middle classes who have money and could easily help people in need. A lot of the time people who don’t have health care are living paycheck to paycheck just to put food on the table for their families and do not have the extra money it costs to have health insurance. It would be the least we could do to help them out and have a national health care service so they will have one less thing to worry about and pay for. If you look at countries like Canada who have a national health care system you can see that it could work for America as well.

Another reason it isn’t good for people to not have health care is their sickness. Who knows what their sickness is if they don’t have a doctor specify what it is and how to treat it. This could even make the people that do have proper health care sick by spreading it through the air from person to person. What if there is another epidemic that goes undetected at first because the people who contracted the sickness had no health care and couldn’t see a doctor and get proper treatment. Once that spreads to more people, everyone it spreads to will not have health care either so it will continue to grow larger and larger. Then I’m sure the people in America will wish that there was a national health care system to treat this.

This is one of the most debated arguments in today’s politics and it’s very simply solved. Have basic health insurance for the people in this country who can’t afford it, just to keep them relatively healthy.