Democrat vs Republican

Everyday when I turn on the news I always see Republicans blaming the entire Democratic party for this economic crisis. But Democrats load up their weapons fire back at the Republicans. I think this needs to end.

President Lincoln once said, "A house divided against itself cannot stand." That quote is still true to this very day. Republicans and Democrats are splitting up this nation.

I believe we need someone in office that is not a Democrat or a Republican, but a member of the Independent Party. Someone who is in the middle of both of the nations strongest political parties.

I think that it’s about time we balance this childish nonsense of every pointing the finger and grow up. If we have someone who can be 50% Republican and 50% Democrat I strongly believe that this nation can grow. If the president listens to both sides no one can play the blame game. So let us spread the word of equality and come together to form a stronger nation and get our rear ends out of this recession!

peace_love_beauty said...
May 16, 2011 at 10:25 am:
I disagree a bit with what you are saying. I think that, to an extent, arguing over issues and not agreeing is what keeps this country going. I think that if everyone just agreed with one another, then no decisions could be made. I also think that an independent president would be good, someone who is one party or another and just open minded about the other party would be just as good. Being a Republican myself, I disagree with most of the Democratic views, but I would rather that than just agr... (more »)

npnathan3 replied...
May 17, 2011 at 12:43 am :
I totally understand what you mean and thanks for the comment.  I think that the both parties need to grow up, and at this time in this economic crisis we need to hear both sides of the story, not just the Rep. or Dem. parties but both. I understand and totally agree with what you're saying that the not agreeing and agreeing are what keep the country going, but this time is not the time to be bad mouthing each other and everything. My message was for both parties to stop playing the blame g... (more »)