Helpless Captives Of The Zoo.

A zoological garden-a place where animals are kept to be studied, conserved and displayed. You may find a majority of people, most of which are parents of young children and commercially orientated people encouraging the idea of zoos, but because I am a nature loving person and I also have intense interest in zoology, I confidently present the seemingly contradictive face of the public zoos.
Let me first ensure to acknowledge you that I am strictly against animal lock-ups. I am, quite alot of times, persuaded to think about the value of a zoo. Is it to satisfy the human curiosity? to entertain? or to educate? Oh yes! educate. As far as my believes are concerned, I think education should be a source of turning the mirrors into windows not the other way round! In simple words, education makes one selfless rather than being more selfish.
I vividly remember my last visit to a zoo, though the animals were all healthy, there was only one problem...the big bars that limit the locomotivity of the poor creatures. This is the only reason why I support the existence of safari parks rather than typical zoos (most of which do not even provide necessary needs of the animals) The animals in a safari park can be protected, wander and feel independent yet giving all the benefits of a typical zoo.
In the end I would request the managers of the zoos to put themselves in their captives shoes before taking up their responsibility. Wildlife is no business it is an independent ethnic group we all are accountable to take care of.

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I can tell from reading that you feel strongly about this, but to reiterate what other people have said, more facts would have justified your position a lot more. Also, I caught one mistake with 'believes' instead of 'beliefs', though it's not too big deal. And like CarrieAnn13, I don't completely agree with your viewpoint, though I see where you're coming from. It's still really good, and your punctuation and grammar is perfect, unlike some other pieces I've seen. Overall, good job :)

areebaization replied...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 2:50 am

Thanx Garnet77!

For your appreciation and constructive critism!

CarrieAnn13 said...
This is a fairly good first article.  Maybe you should have provided a bit more facts to back up your position, but otherwise, it's pretty good.  I can't say I 100% agree with your viewpoint, but I recognize you are a fairly good writer.  Good job!

areebaization replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 5:09 am

Thank you for your compliment and tips! I'll definitly consider them in my next article. 

Greatly Appreciated,

areebaization.

areebaization said...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 6:50 am

Thanx Anemoene!

I really appreciate Your feedback. Both positive and negetive.

However I feel that You must know that this was an Opinion giving article not an arguementative aticle. Now this is no place to differenciate between both of them, however for your knowledge let me tell you that One has to be biased with one side of the issue in opinion giving essay/article(as it is YOUR opinion).

And I also feel that you should have taught twice before expressing... (more »)