Immigration

In the time of 1880 in the city of New York, immigration was a huge problem. Swarms of families would be coming in and they would look for jobs, houses, and schools for their kids. Since the population was increasing so much, there wasn’t enough room at the time and many immigrant families were forced to live in very small apartments with no sanitation or light. If I was alive during this time and had the power to change this, I would invest into some land and make apartments and schools for the immigrant families. With new land and new houses, it should be able to shelter majority of the immigrants and the schools would give them American education so they can have the same opportunities as Americans do.
For the facilities, I would make sure each individual apartment and school is sanitized, lighted, and have as good quality as the other schools in the country.
Yes this will take a lot of money but if I get immigrants into houses and educated, they would have opportunities to get jobs and be able to pay for rent in the apartments and help pay with the land I invested in for them. In the long run it would be a win/win situation and a much happier place for not just immigrants but for everyone.

Aderes18 said...
Treefiddy and Hammi, read Diversity by Winniechirch. Then You will see the way I feel. 

Hammi said...
May 2, 2011 at 7:11 am

Im Brittish, and immagration has near about killed our country, Previous pms were fools to lets soo many immigrints in, And we're not self-segregated, sure in parts but doesn't every city, And it would help, in my opinion to stop letting immigrints in for a while while we try and sort out the mess already been made and then try and help the other countrys, it is not our responsiblity to help other countries when we are struggiling ourselves

Hammi replied...
Good Point, but do you know how many people in glasgw go after 1 job vacancy roughly , 27. Immigrints are stealing jobs from our own citizens. Not all of them , but some, they take advantage of the benfit system and sponge of it for the rest of their lives. We should focus more on saving our own coutnrys first. Do you not agree??

Hammi replied...
I do live in Glasgow, but I'm half english. And i know that im more fortunate than most but thrird world countries have the resources, some have very productiove mineral mines. They just need guidence to stop them coming to our country, Glasgow may be small, but we, like wveyone else need jobs and we can't get them

Aderes18 replied...
Not always. It depends on the country. The problem is for most third world countries, a lot of money is being made but the money doesn't get to the citizens. It get lost through corruption. The rich take it for themselves. I agree that those third world countries need guidance and their governments fixed. What I mean is, I don't think that first world countries should take in citizens of third world countries in. I think, us first world citizens with education, should get third world citizens ed... (more »)

Hammi replied...
May 5, 2011 at 1:21 am
How cares about statisics. You live in America right?, You'll never know what glasgow is like unless you've lived their. Statistics are not always right. Live in Glasgow, Figure out what your talking about, then maybe I'll relax, plus I also agree with you on the other point you made.

Treefiddy said...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 3:36 am

I have no problem with controled immigranted, so long as they pledge themselves to the United States and drop all ties to their former culture and assimilate into American culture.

Immigrants, like all people, should not have their actions subsidized by the state, especially under the guise of "investment". Have them improve their circumstances through their own skills and labors.

The free market offered the early immigrants of the 20th century a way for them to assimilate and b... (more »)

Aderes18 replied...
Drop ties to their former culture and assimilate into the American culture! Excuse me! America is a melting pot and our culture is made up of all kinds of different cultures, from China to the Caribbean. So saying get rid of your culture is like saying Get rid of America's culture, b!$&#

Treefiddy replied...
Apr. 30, 2011 at 12:57 am
Yes, we are a melting pot, not a salad bowl. We don't live in a multicultural society like the self-segregated countries of Europe where people of different cultures simply occupy the same space. People can have their own cultures in the context of American culture. The fact that they have left their old culture should be evidence that they are voting with their feet. The Prime Ministers of Great Britain, France and Germany have all publically announced that the attempts to create multicultural ... (more »)

Treefiddy replied...
Apr. 30, 2011 at 12:59 am
It's quite literally the cult of multiculturalism.

Aderes18 replied...
Well, I have to disagree with you about Europe. I have actually been to Europe. In Paris, where my aunt lives.. she lives in a neighborhood that is very culturally diverse. People are friends and they get along well and they are not segregated as you said. I must explain why I was rude to you. My family is bicultural and biracial. My mother is American and my father is Algerian. I, as an Algerian-American, am very proud of my culture. BOTH OF MY CULTURES!! So when you were saying, assimilate to ... (more »)

Treefiddy replied...
Let me put it this way: Iranian culture and American culture are not equal. If you are an American of Iranian descent (I'm sick of all this -American nonsense), and there are particular customs you want to celebrate, that's fine; just realize that it is within a context of American culture, where your sole indebtedness is to American culture, not any other foreign state. When there are "Mexican-Americans" in California, Arizona, Texas, who march for open borders and wave the Mexican flag, that i... (more »)

Aderes18 replied...
What do you mean that Iranian culture and American culture are not equal? What are you trying to say? Why did you use Iran as an example? I am not Iranian, actually my country is very far away from Iran, it's on top of West Africa. Iranian culture is a very beautiful culture. Iran is actually a beautiful country. They have beautiful markets and beautiful clothes and great food... I don't see why you are hating! Don't judge by the dictator! I actually know two people who are from Iran and they ar... (more »)