Technology | Teen Ink

Technology

By 1brussg BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1brussg BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Technologies; the good the bad the ugly. Everyone has that teacher that is still stuck in the 20th century, using the over head projectors, the chalk boards, and the old books. But does this help students learn? The loud motor of the overhead, the bland colors, and the inability to see anything that is being projected, the list goes on and on. But, today technology is everywhere in your homes, classrooms and pockets. Today’s generations are so used to leaning on technology to help them learn that when it comes to old school teaching ways no one is interested. I think technology has a significant effect on today’s generations, I know it helps me. I personally have a hearing disorder where if there is any background noise I can only comprehend 20 percent of what others are saying, so for example if I was in a classroom where we were reading aloud and someone next to me talking or there was an overhead running I would not be able to comprehend 100 percent of what was being read. So my personal preference is a projector or smart board they are easy to use, quiet and interactive.

Technology may be a wonderful gift, but I also think it may be distracting. There are so many different forms of technology like the I Phone which I have personally, and I know from firsthand experience it can be distracting while in class playing games. But also there are other things like flash card games and quiz games to help you with school work. Which are very beneficial programs. I think that technology is very helpful but yet harmful. Danger! Use only under adult supervision.