It Should Be Easier | Teen Ink

It Should Be Easier

April 7, 2011
By estrella14 BRONZE, Boulder, Colorado
estrella14 BRONZE, Boulder, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

For months and even year’s illegal immigrants wait to see when they are going to be allowed to become U.S. citizens. In the mean time they worry that they will get deported and be taken away from their families. Should it be fair for Illegal immigrants to have the same rights as Americans? YES! There are advantages to allowing illegal immigrants to become U.S. citizens.



One is that it would be more realistic. If you let illegal immigrants to become citizens it would be more realistic than deporting 15 million people. It avoids spitting families and neighborhoods. It would also improve human rights and dignity. If you deport a lot of immigrants it would cost at least $94 billion.



Another advantage to allowing illegal immigrants to become U.S. citizens is businesses would benefit. That would encourage further illegal immigration. It would help businesses that use these workers.


The advantage to allowing illegal immigrants to become U.S. citizens is economy would benefit. They would pay taxes defend the U.S. immigrants would more likely to obey laws. Also increased immigration has contributed to the growth of the economy because immigrants (both undocumented and “legal”) are a primary source of less-skilled labor and earn wages significantly less than U.S. born labors.




Is it evident that illegal immigrants should allowed to get your U.S. citizens. There is more positives than negative research to support it. There is nothing wrong with letting illegal immigrants become U.S. citizens. Why not just give them a chance to become part of America?