So I Can Have a Kid,But I Can't Vote?

Over here in the UK you are not aloud to vote until you are 18. This it very stupid and should be changed to at least 16.
I will tell you why, the government will let us leave school, live on our own, get married, have a proper full time job and even have a child at 16. But they can't trust us to chose the person who is in charge of what goes on. Does a 16 year olds point of view not matter?
If we can pay taxes at 16 why are we not aloud to have a say on who the money goes to?
We are the next generation so any changes that are made effects our lives and our future. And if it works out badly it will be us left to pick up the peaces.
I can't be the only one that thinks this. So maybe if enough of us speak out there might be something done about it. We should prove to them that we are capable of taking charge and doing whats best and rite.

LilithLovely said...
Wow! The voting age in America is 18, but the proper age to start a life is 18. But like that in america you are an adult at 18, but you can't drink until 21.(By the way, I'm not for young drinking)