Letter to the President | Teen Ink

Letter to the President

March 13, 2011
By joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
26 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman


Hello, my name is Joshua. I would like to talk to you about the economic situation in America. The U.S. has not been developing its industrial growth. Rather, the U.S. industry has been declining. I think I know a couple of things that will help boost the economy. First of all, America needs to stop buying from countries like India and China, and start producing its own goods. The USA is already in major debt with china, and shouldn’t continue increasing the deficit. Second of all, countries that have significance in the American economy have been outsourcing jobs into countries like India, China, and Russia. They seem to think that it is better if they hire workers in other countries for much less money. They don’t understand that the economy is suffering because of people. They don’t care that they’re supplying other countries with good jobs, while the American people are left unemployed. Many countries in Europe have made limitations on outsourcing jobs. This is a smart thing to do, and I think America should do this to. That way, these companies will start hiring American workers again. Lastly, I think that the U.S. should spend less on useless military investments, and more on developing American industry, and working on the infrastructure of the country. The country’s infrastructure at its present state is ranked one of the lowest in the world. This is an extremely important task. Let America be the superpower it has always been.


The author's comments:
These are my thoughts about what the president should do with the country's economy.