Darfur/Genocide | Teen Ink

Darfur/Genocide

By ablast BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
ablast BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Dear President Barack Obama,

As a nation we need to end the genocide in Darfur America has prevented
Genocide by changing unjust laws or going to war hopefully there’s no need for war but I'm writing to you, to help end the genocide in Darfur.

The Sudanese government and their trained militias have been killing the darfurians, burning their homes and rapping their women to have lighter children,
Committing atrocities as a day-to-day life style. We need to get china realize this and
Get them to step in. you have seen proof, Brian Steidle has even taken pictures
Of the killings, burnings and weaponry the Sudanese government and the militias
Have been using, that is visual proof and I am a witness.

Imagine your wife was raped; your children were shot, to really feel connected to the Genocide in Darfur you have to put your self in their shoes.
‘’Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.’’ Dr.Martin Luther King JR.

Some people may even argue that we shouldn’t get involved because the killing is in Africa and not the U.S., it is important to keep peace and not ongoing hatred that can spread. It’s also important to keep a good relationship with china, though, get them to stop the genocide.

Peoples lives are being robbed from them and there’s nothing they can do; the killing needs to stop. We need to end violence where possible. The Sudanese government is killing for their own selfish reasons, America voted for you to make a change, now’s your chance.