Darfur | Teen Ink

Darfur

By mattew BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
mattew BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Dear Barack Obama,

1/24/11

I’m trying to persuade you to end genocide in Darfur. Here are my reasons on what’s happening .1st reason is that the sudanes government is killing their people in darfur.2nd reason is the janjaweed are carrying out the governments plan to eliminate all the people in Darfur.3rdreason is that its obvious that genocide is happening in Darfur.

First, the sudanes government is killing their people in Darfur. They killed 2 million people; they also wounded about 4 million people.

Second, the jajaweeds are carrying out the governments plan to eliminate all the people in Darfur. There burning down the villages and people are homeless. There rapeing the women to make lighter colored people. I’ve seen videos with a solider telling us what’s happening in Darfur. There also burning people alive.

Third and final reason is that it is obvious that genocide is happening in Darfur. You could go to the united nation and encourage them to take action and stop this.” Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter” Martin Luther King Jr said that and it means to me that when something like this is happening we shouldn’t be quite about it.
Some may argue that we should not stop this because they don’t care. Well I do care because their no different from you or me there all human beings. Theses are my reasons again to remind you. First, the sudanes government is killing all their people in Darfur. Second, the janjaweed are carrying out the governments plan to eliminate all the people in Darfur. Third that it is obvious that genocide is happening in Darfur.

THANK YOU,

MATTHEW F

on Feb. 2 2011 at 2:44 am
AmyFanRetaken GOLD, Temple City, California

Keep calm and boba on.

Good to raise awareness - Save Darfur!